Why become a member? ×

Excellent Joe Walsh

SICbass

I have always been aware of Joe Walsh and known that he'd done some great music, but have never really listened to any of it.

I just stumbled over this excerpt of him from "Live at Daryl's House" and it kept me listening. All that is great about some of the music made in the sixties and seventies.

I hope you enjoy it too.

• Like 4

Another Joe fan here. On joining The Eagles he gave them a massive much needed kick up the derriere, as well as bringing along his great stage presence and humour. Saw them at Bingley Stafford Hall in 1977 on the Hotel California tour, and Joe was sublime, made the band sound so good. I remember first seeing Joe on The Old Grey Whistle Test programme in the early/mid 70's. There was a film of him doing 'Funk#49' and 'Rocky Mountain Way' which was fantastic. Then I saw his name on the list of credits for Rod Stewart's 'Atlantic Crossing' album and also got a great 'Best of the James Gang' album.

( Also let's not forget he has the best guitar face ever....) 😕😄

Zap all the sh*tty folk songs and watch the rest, with a great Joel Walsh. This DVD was a gift from a friend and it really took me one year before to open it and take a look at it, not liking the Eagles at all. If you take these the folk part away, it's a very well recorded live and I must admit I like their rock songs, but hate the rest, really.

Take a look here : https://ok.ru/video/193012763157

9 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Zap all the sh*tty folk songs and watch the rest, with a great Joel Walsh. This DVD was a gift from a friend and it really took me one year before to open it and take a look at it, not liking the Eagles at all. If you take these the folk part away, it's a very well recorded live and I must admit I like their rock songs, but hate the rest, really.

Take a look here : https://ok.ru/video/193012763157

Folk...?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Lord said:

another Joe Walsh fan here. Far, far more talented than his persona (drunken happy funny crazy guy) might lead you to think

But, like so many, he underachieved. The Barnstorm album was never bettered. And that was his first solo...

100%  JW fan here too.  What a wonderful character he is, and such a superb writer.  The Smoker and Barnstorm have been sat in my music collection for over 30 years

Check this track out under headphones. The production is sublime, and the lyrics are very poignant. Wonderful

2 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

But, like so many, he underachieved. The Barnstorm album was never bettered. And that was his first solo...

Can't agree Mickey. I prefer both So What and But Seriously Folks.

I bought So What on the day it came out, took it home along with my best friend and we started to play it. It took us nearly half an hour to get past Welcome To The Club ... we played it at least five times running before we let the album run on.