Why become a member? ×

SOLD, mods please close. NS Design WAV Electric Upright
£525

Marc S

For sale. NS Design WAV Electric Upright, in rather fetching Dark Red. Complete with gigbag and stand. In very good gigged condition (a few scratches here & there, eg. on top of the peg box) 
I only acquired this recently, and instantly fell for it! So much so, that I went out and got myself an upgrade, in the form of one of the CR models.... So I'm selling this one, which made me an NS convert :)

For those who want to play upright, or double up on both BG and EUB, but want a portable solution. This is the most compact and portable 3/4 upright I found.
I believe the WAV series was NS "budget" version of their EUB's, and were rather good, and inexpensive compared to their other EUB's - and they have been discontinued for some time.

The additional pickup on the side is a J-Tone addition I have been experimenting with and will be removed before sale
**Additionally, the strings have been changed since the photos and it now sports a brand new set of NS Design Medium tension strings! **

For those bass guitar players who are tempted by the world of upright - this is a better instrument than the Stagg (I know, as I previously owned one - they're a good entry level EUB too) I have included a photo of the bass in its' gigbag, alongside my P bass - so you can see just how compact this EUB is. I got a good tone from this bass, and you will see a piece of foam in the pics - which I think helped "deaden" sustain, and help me get more of an upright tone. This bass is passive, and controls are Volume and Tone, plus it has a switch for Arco & Pizz playing. There are no batteries to worry about either.

No trades please - I need to thin the herd. Collection only, From near Cardiff - I don't like posting basses, and I would always prefer you give it a whirl. However, I could meet somewhere within reasonable distance, and have recently acquired some amplified headphones, which work quite well for testing instruments.

NB: Sorry for the poor quality of the photos - I'll get some better shots when I get chance during daylight (work allowing) The red colour of this instrument is really rather nice, and the pics don't do it justice.

IMG_20181112_231349143.jpg

IMG_20181112_232012139.jpg

IMG_20181112_231152027.jpg

Edited by Marc S

A few offers on this nice EUB. I did say "no trades" in this ad, but I could, possibly, maybe tempted by a JV Precision in Sunburst with Rosewood board (bit specific, I know lol)
Obviously, with a bit of cash your way.... I'm not particularly looking for mint condition btw...