Why become a member? ×

At a loose end

Raymondo

I wasn't sure where to put this ...it's General because it's a statement on the industry ; it's off topic because I want information , or it could also go in the gigs section

On Friday I will be in Brierley hill (near Dudley) with no gig to go to because the one I booked a ticket for has been cancelled.

I was going to see The Carpet Crawlers, a Genesis tribute band at the end of what has been ,mostly, a successful tour. Unfortunately they have had trouble at a couple of UK venues selling tickets. At Brierley hill they have sold 49 😲 They sell 2000 in some European gigs.

You can read more about the details of the success and failure of their gigs on their Facebook page if you are interested...their band leader has done an enormous amount of research and both the band and the venue have promoted the gig extensively....lot's of their other gigs have sold very well.... just a few ...Redcar, Northampton and Brierley hill have not sold enough to make the gig viable.

As I have already paid for my Hotel I will now be stuck in Brierley hill on Friday night (16th)….any of you lovely guys playing anywhere near there ?  

I might even come and say how much I like your bass!

I could even add to the bar take by consuming a beer or two.😉

Ray.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2