Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer II 1988 price drop £1800
£1988

tertiumquid

Sweet baby Jesus that is sexy and in such great condition!!!

Is There a name on the inlay on the last fret? I've seen similar with a Bass Centre name on it.

Very unusual to see a Stage II with a PJ configuration but I can't see that would be a bad thing at all!

GLWTS

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What a lovely bass. I've been hankering after an SSII for a while. Love the look of them, but have always held back because I'm not a fan of the sound of their neck J pickup (position etc) - think it sounds too hollow (for me anyways) as I am so used to playing Streamer LXs with reverse P in the neck.

This particular custom PJ SSII looks like it could be the remedy to that! I wondered if you could answer a few questions please?

1. Whereabouts are you based and if you were prepared to courier, do you have a hard case available for it to ship in?

2. How much would you charge for courier to North Yorkshire?

3. Sonically, in neck pickup only and both pickups on, does this sound fuller/fatter/warmer than your standard SSII? I love the look and feel of standard SSIIs, but feel that they have a very present, mid-biased sound that is sometimes hard to tame.

4. Is this a heavy bass? I know that Afzelia is a very dense wood. Sometime we do 2 hour continuous sets in band!!!

Cheers

Keith

Hey Keith

im in Birmingham 

it has a soft case only unfortunately, I’ve never couriered anything and wouldn’t feel comfortable but I’d make a trip to Leeds if you were serious.

as far as the sound, I’m the worst person to ask,

Scotts bass lessons did a blind comparison between a Fodera and a £100 bass and I preferred the cheapo one.

on Tuesday my next day off I’ll do some sound comparisons between my two Warwicks and Musicman and send them to you if you like, I can also weigh it then.

No it doesn’t have a push/pull. One volume continuous knob and three tone with a notch/middle position if that makes any sense.

cheers

Leon 

Hi Leon

Thanks for getting back. I think sound samples would be a good idea, but only if not too much trouble for you. In an ideal world, it would be nice to try out for feel and sound, if geography wasn't an issue. So hearing how it sounds is kind of next best thing I guess.

Cheers, Keith

Hi Leon

Please don't bother with sound samples now, as I have just pushed the button on a Streamer CV. I've been looking to get a passive Fender type bass again for a while to get more vintage sounds, but after playing Warwicks exclusively for the last 6 years, I just don't like the feel of Fenders, so this was the obvious solution.

Good luck with selling your custom SSII

Cheers

Keith

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • ped locked this topic