Why become a member? ×

Blueshift project

alyctes

It's the complete bass minus pickups & electronics, by the looks. Tuners look like cheap & nasty replacements, would expect the originals would've been Schallers.

It's definitely an interesting project but no idea where you'd find pickups, other than another Blueshift - AFAIK they were unique to these, unusual fitment with back-of-body height adjustment.

I saw that one he wouldn’t ship it as it was very heavy - it weighed 5.5kgs apparently. I asked a few questions about it. I bought a double neck Gordy once  - sold it on here a few years back. Very nice with quality Schaller hardware and bespoke pickups mounted with screws through the back of the bass ( as pointed out by Jon). It weighed as much as a fridge however.  

16 hours ago, ash said:

I bought a double neck Gordy once  - sold it on here a few years back. Very nice with quality Schaller hardware and bespoke pickups mounted with screws through the back of the bass ( as pointed out by Jon). It weighed as much as a fridge however.  

That's how I know about the pups/hardware - still got your old twin-neck! It is so heavy that that light falls into it, but tbh I'm not sure it's a great deal worse than the Peavey T-40 I traded with you!

Bought it for my prog band which sadly came to an end not long after, so I've never used in anger. Much to the relief of my back...

21 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

@Bassassin You're right. Schaller bridge and machineheads were stock on these.

Might be the original bridge here - it's string-through, and the bridge on it is the type used on early 80s string-through Washburns & other Yamaki basses.

Always got to be an MIJ link... :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Might be the original bridge here - it's string-through, and the bridge on it is the type used on early 80s string-through Washburns & other Yamaki basses.

Always got to be an MIJ link... :D

Serial number on mine is 00059. Schaller tuners,Schaller 3-D bridge and Schaller strap locks.

Goggle image search for Gordy all show Schaller bridges except for the super cool headless one. After seeing this one I'll definitely be re-finishing mine 🙂

gordy-bass-guitar-blue-shift-ii_.jpg