Why become a member? ×

Best place to find new band members?

mrtcat

Where do you find your band members when someone leaves and you need to replace them?

We need a new guitarist and are going to use Gumtree, Facebook, Bandmix, JMB and word of mouth. Is there anywhere else we should be looking? We are an established function band with good agency representation so want to find someone with decent chops. 

Any suggestions? 

3 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

Where do you find your band members when someone leaves and you need to replace them?

We need a new guitarist and are going to use Gumtree, Facebook, Bandmix, JMB and word of mouth. Is there anywhere else we should be looking? We are an established function band with good agency representation so want to find someone with decent chops. 

Any suggestions? 

Just spread the word.  I posted on five Facebook sites, went through my contacts diary, advertised on here and I’ve had a very good response.  Once people see what you want and what you are (provide a video maybe) they seem willing to help.  It’s been great.  People recommend people who recommend people.  I’ve been pleasantly surprised by everyone and have a number of people for audition...where are you based and do you have any more details? Number and frequency of gigs, pay might help, location, rehearsals, your expectations, etc

Best wishes

Mark

• Like 1

Awesome thanks Mark.

We are based loosely around south Northamptonshire (Silverstone) but cover a large area. 

Our band profile is here:  https://www.alivenetwork.com/bandpage.asp?bandname=Hypersonix

Gigs are usually 4 a month but we  will happily do several a week if incomes in. We have only recently joined with Alive Network and they're starting to fill our diary for 2019. Min fee is £150 each but the agreement is that once they have put lots in the diary it will go up to around the £200 mark. 

Many thanks 

Tom 

Edited by mrtcat

3 hours ago, Witters said:

How do prospective guitarists contact you?

All our ads have my email address on as I'm the main point of contact. Obviously people responding to fb ads can message me direct and if anyone on here wants me or knows anyone who might be interested they can get me at [email protected] 🙂

41 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If you're a function band - also try out StarNow

Gumtree, fBook etc will give you wider reach 

StarNow for semi-pro / pro players and vocalists 

Thanks for this, I will defo give StarNow a try today. 

7 minutes ago, chris_b said:

You find them amongst the guys you know from other bands.

Yeah this is definitely a sensible shout. It's exactly how we lost our current guitarist and I'm sure there's a fair chance we'll find his replacement in a similar way.