Why become a member? ×

comfortable guitar strap

ebenezer

Depends on how much you want to spend on one really.

Up until relatively recently, I used an unpadded, 3" wide, plain leather strap. Sturdy, didn't slip, and more importantly, relatively cheap (about £15.00).

Been getting some pain in my shoulder for a few years, so finally decided to "bite the bullet", and spend a bit more money on a decent padded strap. Finally settled on the Mono GS1 (black), which is comfy, doesn't slip, and appears to be very sturdy. I got mine from Amazon UK, for £35.00 (still the cheapest in the UK for the Mono strap).

Looked at the Comfort Strapp & others, but the Mono was the right price at the time, and does the job I ask of it.

I loved my Mono padded strap, lovely and soft and distributed the weight well. Sadly the little fabric/leather bit that goes over the strap button tore and left the strap useless.

I have never had a strap do this in about 20 years, so I replaced it with a comfort strap which doubles over on the strap button and holds really well.

shame really because I loved my mono strap, it felt lovely.