Why become a member? ×

Feeling a bit sad .

Highfox

5 years together and the singer guitarist decides to call it quits! Unexpected as we had gigs lined up and plans to record our new tunes etc.

He suffers from bad migraines and often has to medicate himself before we do any live shows. Very sad he suffers badly with these.

I just feel like a huge whole has been left, we gigged regular and that was my main social scene. The band was a trio and I felt musically I was developing my playing all the time, and was free to go wild :) 

I do have another band on the go, but they are a little less active. The energy is there to do something fresh but hard work trying to get something off the ground again. The going scene here is metal, rock and blues.. ok  but not really earth moving or different.

I'm sure we have all been there but just wanted to share (as always)

• Sad 2

Is he quitting because of the migraines. ? or has he simply had enough of gigging or playing ?

If its only because of the migraine thing it might be worth loking into what's causing them and see if its possible to reduce them. Maybe that's been done and its simply a stress thing for him

I find if i don't drink enough water or i have too much coffee in one day i start getting migraines. As long as i drink at least 1 litre of water a day i'm fine. I switched to decaf coffee as well.

I occasionally get them triggered when driving in bright sunlight and maybe a direct reflection from something catches my eye and just triggers the vision impairment (i see distortions around the edges of my vision) In bright sunlight i wear sunglasses when driving. It seems worse in winter sunlight for some reason.

I'm retired now as well so i have no work related stress which triggered them very regularly almost weekly. Now i have one maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Dave 

• Like 2

Dave, thanks, He has been suffering from them for years and has regular medication to try stop them coming also when he gets attacks.. They don't know what is causing it, they have tried everything they can to try find out why and stop them! Still on-going regular treatment.

I think it's a mixture of many things causing him to quit unexpectedly like this.. I have to respect his decision of course, we are still friendly and plan to keep in contact. 

Thanks for all the kind words.

• Like 1