Why become a member? ×

I'm never gonna do a gig ... but

pecodk

6 hours ago, pecodk said:

@paul_c2 I don't plan to play with others but who knows - for now I'll just play with Chic, Bootsy and some other guys :D  Didn't buy the cheapest stuff out there. So for a beginner I think I'm fine for now :)

So true... Playing with the very best musicians in the whole wide world - of all time! And they never miss a beat! They can't project their emotional problems, negativity or bad habits onto you. Nor, waste your time and money on studios and transportation.

No packing up, loading, driving, parking, unloading, setting-up, tearing down, parking ticket arguments, broken windows, side-swiped, keyed paint, fights with tow truck driver, loading, driving, falling asleep while driving, car wear-and-tear, unloading and packing,  

Image result for loading musical equipment humor

explaining to the missus how it all was worth it.

Related image

Or playing for nothing ($00.00) at venues where you're grossly unappreciated.

Image result for loading up musical equipment joke

buying new clothes to fit in...Image result for musicians carrying equipment

Or learning endless song lists of mediocre music that doesn't interest you in the least, but the guitard's new girlfriend's belly-warmer fave is "The First Time Is The Last Time I Loved You For All Time" where you get to play four lugubrious notes over and over and over again until you become a zombie corpse or wake up at the end and puke.

Image result for bass player puking on stage

Or get voted out of the band because someone doesn't like the cut of your jib or the bass player actually spoke so they fired him. 

Image result for shades of grey band oshawa

("We're going to re-group. We'll get back to you. What's a BP, anyway?")

And you can always click them off and have tea with the wife!

Image result for wife curlers

Your marriage won't cool off and you're safe at home from drunks and knifers and the rest of the Saturday Night Cretans. 

Image result for bar fight

Relish in your freedom, regardless of your gear, and be content in your wise decision to play Home Alone!

Image result for home alone mannequins

Edited by StringNavigator
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1