Why become a member? ×

Decent quality strap for MIJ P

clunkie66

I'm after a new strap for my MIJ precision. It's quite a bit lighter than my Cort GB4 jazz so the chunky leather strap that I bought for the Cort is too big and uncomfortable on the P.

I'm looking at a material strap, does anyone have any suggestions that are light-ish weight and comfy?

Cheers

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got quite a few straps but I bought this Ibanez BWS90 , one around Christmas and it’s great, it’s really lightweight and comfortable and it grips well , https://www.fxpedal.co.uk/accessories-c31/straps-c172/ibanez-bws90-bass-workshop-strap-p3469

The amazon reviews say the leather end tabs are really thin and stretch where they clip round the strap buttons - how are they in your opinion (e.g. with a heavy bass)? Do you use straplocks and if so, which ones?

6 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

The amazon reviews say the leather end tabs are really thin and stretch where they clip round the strap buttons - how are they in your opinion (e.g. with a heavy bass)? Do you use straplocks and if so, which ones?

Mine has been fine on my fender jazzes and my sandberg tt , but that’s quite light, I don’t use straplocks, but I’ll take some close up pics when I get home if you want 🙂

11 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Mine has been fine on my fender jazzes and my sandberg tt , but that’s quite light, I don’t use straplocks, but I’ll take some close up pics when I get home if you want 🙂

Be useful to see it on a jazz if you don't mind posting a pic 🙂

I had a Mono until Sunday.  I suddenly noticed it had pulled through the leather and was about to completely break off at the upper bout end.  And I only use lightweight basses!

Neotech seems much better.

Marooschick leather ones are nice :)