Why become a member? ×

SOLD 2015 US Fender Precision
£800

martthebass

A bit of a record in terms of moving on a bass this one.  I only picked up this bass last week from Dan (Deedee); it was obtained on the basis of providing a decent passive backup for a special gig and to keep some 'bass fund' money getting turned into kitchen white goods by she who must be obeyed....

It's an excellent example of the breed, in excellent condition (one tiny mark on the bottom which won't photograph) in its lovely, creamy Olympic White livery.  It's also very easy on the shoulder at about 8.25lb but displays no neck dive.  I really would like to keep this bass but my brief ownership has finally convinced me that I'm not a Precision guy and will always prefer MM basses (and Status - when the cash allows....), it didn't help that I got chance to play Dan's MM Ray Special 4H and Sterling 4HH which were both sublime.  I'm open to trades (on 4 string fretted only) which are in equally good condition (or acceptable relic) and would be very amenable to a MM Sterling US but am flexible; try me, I can only say no.  Some money could be added for the right bass.

Collection or meet up on this one only at the moment (after my recent experience on sending a bass to Italy.......), based near Sheffield so reasonably central.

Anyway, below are some nice pics, these were the one's on Deedee's post - I hope he doesn't mind.

Prec1.jpg

Prec2.jpg

Prec3.jpg

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 2

I wonder if it’ll be third time lucky for me with this one. I’ve missed it the last two times it’s come up. I’m in Sheffield and on the 18th will receive the remainder of the money from the sale of my fretless when the eBay buyer comes to collect.

By the way, if you’re after a nice Sterling then Wunjo has my old one (the one I sold to @Gardenerben earlier in the year) and it’s wonderful, though they are charging £500 more than I sold it (and £600 more than what Ben offered it for here when unfortunately had to admit it was a bit heavy for him).

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I wonder if it’ll be third time lucky for me with this one. I’ve missed it the last two times it’s come up. I’m in Sheffield and on the 18th will receive the remainder of the money from the sale of my fretless when the eBay buyer comes to collect.

By the way, if you’re after a nice Sterling then Wunjo has my old one (the one I sold to @Gardenerben earlier in the year) and it’s wonderful, though they are charging £500 more than I sold it (and £600 more than what Ben offered it for here when unfortunately had to admit it was a bit heavy for him).

I’m just a little East of you Q (Rotherham) so I’m sure something could be arranged 😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...