Why become a member? ×

Converting to the Dark Side

bloodandtearsuk

Hi there..

I recently joined a band as a Bass guitarist, my first time in such a role as I'm a six-stringer ordinarily.

The band have been extremely helpful in supporting my transition and to be honest without that it would probably still something that remained a "nice-to-do" but never actually happen. They have provided access to all equipment thus far, including instrument and amp; a DeArmond Pilot DLX and an Ampeg SVT valve stack.

I thought it best to show willing and get myself an instrument, so I bought myself an Ibanez SR300EB in weathered black.. love it.. slightly shorter scale that the DeArmond and has some great tonal variety.

I expect to buy myself an amp in due course.

This place was recommended to me by a good friend @Bridgehouse

It's a mine of information already..

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kevvo66 said:

Welcome indeed sir ,if it hadn't been for learning guitar I'd never of gone onto bass ,but love playing flamenco guitar still , ukelele do both after all variety is the spice of life 

You are in excellent company Sir, JJ Burnel was a classical guitarist before taking up the bass.