Why become a member? ×

NAD. Trace Elliot BLX-80 GP7SM

police squad

Pics to follow but I saw an add on FB for one of these. Sent a message and a PM, was then sent a message by an old mate saying I could have his for the same money. It has always been kept in his studio and is almost immaculate.

I'm surprised how big it is but it should get some home use. I normally plug my bass into my 1 watt blackstar combo but it's not really very good for bass. (the overdrive is nice tho)

I think it was a bargain at £70

20181107_085431.jpg

Edited by police squad
Picture

4 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I had the BLX 130, Basically the same but it had a beefier output stage that allowed you to use an extension cab. It was 80W without the extension cab. I loved it an wished I had not sold it. Did you know that the BLX is from Dog's BLX? Just saying.

yep I knew that. I used to sell them back in the day

21 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

I have heard one of these from the audience, and they are surprisingly loud for 'only' 80W, but not especially bassy.

It could probably benefit from a better speaker (I think it is an old Celestion 10") but the cabinet design is unique and who knows how to calculate it?

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

It could probably benefit from a better speaker (I think it is an old Celestion 10") but the cabinet design is unique and who knows how to calculate it?

I've only really got it to practice at home (when I say practice, I mean learn songs)

I'm going to put a wooden top on it and use it as a table

Pics to follow

4 minutes ago, Twincam said:

I really like the unique cab design and find it interesting they tried something different. Always wanted one myself, even though I'm not a TE fan. 

I had a few trace amps back in  the day but never really stuck with them. But I always wanted one of these