Why become a member? ×

Headphone heads up

MoonBassAlpha

Ooo, they sound great!

Plugged them straight in the back of my Ampeg B-15 *cough* *cough* T *cough*, with my £60. Westfield P bass plugged in the front... sounds really clear... I was lost in there for a while!

Then listened to some pre-recorded music through the phones socket of an Arcam hi-fi amp (direct signal - tone pots bypassed). Very clear, detailed, and natural.

If you want Dr Dre / Sony XploD / Dolby SS -- Look elsewhere!

If you unscrew the gold full-size jack, there's a gold minijack underneath! ... what else can I plug that into... 😋

My first feeling is that this headphone is a good value headphone. The price for what you get is quite low. The sound is not exactly like the graph suggests. The hump in the bass looks way bigger than what I think I'm hearing if I'm honest. I'll do some comparing over the weekend, but at £70, these are a really good buy. I can see why some studio people like them, although I guess it's not a typical home headphone with the depth of cups and clamp onto the head. No pain though!!

Find more info:  https://www.audioreputation.com/best-over-ear-headphones-under-100/

Ok, I did some mixing yesterday, and as has been reported in some of the reviews on Studiospares website, the "politeness" in the treble can lead to missing some detail in the mix. I switched to my old Sennheiser 202 cheapies, which are more bass and treble emphasised, and though the overall signal showed more distortion, it did pull out some detail on reverb on the drum overheads that I didn't like, that I had missed using the m2000s. It's almost the headphone equivalent of using ns10 monitors to check the mix vs proper studio monitors.

• 3 weeks later...