Why become a member? ×

Headphone heads up

MoonBassAlpha

Studiospares have knocked £20 off their M2000 open backed monitoring/mastering headphones, now £49, I've just picked up a set.

I already had the 1000 (closed back). I could see the open backed ones being handy for my drummer so he won't feel so isolated when recording. Also, surprisingly,  there's very little spill from the open backs too, you could easily use them for tracking vocals.

https://www.studiospares.com/Headphones-and-Speakers/Headphones-Studio/Studiospares-M2000-Studio-Headphones_448780.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Just been sent the code REC10 to use at checkout for an extra 10% off - keeps getting better! I don't really need any more sets, but I'm still tempted!

Thank you, Sir!

That code made the postage nearly free.

Order Total:£30.59 (inc delivery)

👍

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TorturedSaints said:

I have the M1000 (and an M2000 too which I think has the same drivers, just open backed).  I use the M1000 plugged into my Aria Sinsonido travel bass (which has a built-in preamp) and it copes with the low notes very well.

Thanks for that TorturedSaints - I've got an NS Design CR upright, with a decent, powerful pre-amp in it. Might just order myself a set of these
If it can cope with your Aria, it should be fine with pretty much anything, I suppose....

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 14:23, MoonBassAlpha said:

new heads up, they are now down to £29, an absolute steal!

Thank me later!...

No, I'll thank you now, whilst it's still fresh, if you don't mind.
Our Eldest asked to 'borrow' my Superlux headphones yesterday, as his present, domestic, Phillips set are rather rTeOPfj.gif not very good. After a brief discussion, we decided that his Christmas present would be a set of these ^^ 'phones (he borrowed mine just the same, of course...). I duly ordered them, including the -10% code (thanks for that, too...), and have received confirmation this morning that they've been dispatched. So far so good, but on the invoice received, and in the site's Address Book, there is no mention of the country to which it's been sent..! I've written to their Sales folks, suggesting that this might be useful information to have on any address labelling (we'll see what they think of the idea...), meanwhile we'll just have to hope that the UK postal services are able to work out where it's supposed to go, and will recognise a French address. Fingers crossed, then, or I may be without my 'cans' for quite some time..! XHlPYfU.png

Edited by Dad3353

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

So far so good, but on the invoice received, and in the site's Address Book, there is no mention of the country to which it's been sent..!

Hopefully it'll be OK. 👍 I've checked my (electronic) paperwork, and although the dispatch note email and invoice do indeed omit the "Country" on the shipping address - it is shown in the document window on the actual package (which arrived today! Via APC).

Unfortunately, Mrs 4000 has informed me that she is taking over my purchase, therefore I can check them, but cannot use them until xmas!

This is such bullsh1t... 😁

Edited by Ricky 4000

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Hopefully it'll be OK. 👍...

Yes, I had a swift reply back from them, confirming, with a Pdf of the actual label, which does show the country. All is well (but Our Eldest gets 'em as soon as, so that I can recover my Superlux's..! :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Just got mine and the two mini jack plugs that attach to either ear piece are a very loose fit, they don't seem to click in so are very easy to accidentally pull out,  are anyone else's like that?

I could restrain myself no longer - I had to open them before xmas.

Dude, just push the plugs in a little bit harder.

Do you realise how much trouble I'm in now?

Better just try them out a minute... 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I could restrain myself no longer - I had to open them before xmas.

Dude, just push the plugs in a little bit harder.

Do you realise how much trouble I'm in now?

Better just try them out a minute... 😁

Doh! what a numpty I am :facepalm: cheers!

• Haha 1