Why become a member? ×

1990 Warwick Streamer Ltd Edition - SOLD
£1500

bagsieblue

The Sell Off Continues......:

1990 Streamer Ltd Edition: 

Now - SOLD

No Trades.

Great overall condition, plays and sounds splendid!

Pre dates the Stage 1 / Stage 2 classification I believe.   Key specs are:
 - Bartolini Soap Bar pups and MEC preamp 
 - Birds Eye Maple body, centre is a walnut sandwich with more Birds Eye on the back
 - 3 piece Maple neck 
 - Ebony fingerboard 

The full specs are:

4 string 
Limited Edition
Year 1990 
Month October 
Neck Wood Maple 
Fingerboard Ebony 
Frets Bronze Warwick Frets 
Nut Just a Nut Brass Version 
Neck construction NeckThrough Version 
Body made out of Bird Eyed Maple 
Surface Oil Finish / BeeWax 
Pickups 2 Bartolini Soapbard Pickups 
Electronic 2 Band MEC Electronic 
Hardware Gold Hardware by Warwick 
Made in Germany / 91330 Eggolsheim (West Germany) 

I'm happy to supply more pics / details upon request. 
I'm in Chorley, Lancashire. 
Any trial or inspection is more than welcome. 
Happy to discuss collection, meet up, shipping.

$_86.jpg

9rls2x.jpg

IMG_20190120_101208666.jpg

IMG_20190120_101212727.jpg

IMG_20190120_101233377.jpg

IMG_20190120_101324286.jpg

IMG_20190120_101352309_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190120_101408894_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190120_101457206.jpg

IMG_20190120_101543218.jpg

IMG_20190120_101551123_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190120_102852532.jpg

IMG_20190120_102910475.jpg

IMG_20190120_102919735.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue
  • Like 5

Gorgeous bass! Streamers with Barts are a perfect match.

I don't believe this pre dates the Stage 1 or Stage 2 classifications except that stage 1s were simply called Streamers but there definitely are Stage 2s that pre date this...

On 04/11/2018 at 22:02, dyerseve said:

I don't believe this pre dates the Stage 1 or Stage 2 classifications except that stage 1s were simply called Streamers but there definitely are Stage 2s that pre date this...

You're right that it doesn't predate the SSI / SSII (1990 the Streamer PJ was defo called Stage I) but it's a case of it isn't technically either of those; it is a Streamer body style/outline but the pup config and construction (+ebony board) make it neither a SSI or SSII.  Anyone who is a fan of the body shape (why wouldn't you be) but didn't like the sound of Stage I or II should try this as they have a lovely tone, very different from the other Streamers.  ;)  

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

You're right that it doesn't predate the SSI / SSII (1990 the Streamer PJ was defo called Stage I) but it's a case of it isn't technically either of those; it is a Streamer body style/outline but the pup config and construction (+ebony board) make it neither a SSI or SSII.  Anyone who is a fan of the body shape (why wouldn't you be) but didn't like the sound of Stage I or II should try this as they have a lovely tone, very different from the other Streamers.  ;)  

GLWTS

Thanks mate, I was hoping you would be able to clarify! 

I have a 5 string very similar to this from the same year - maple body, bartolini soapbars, 2 band EQ, but mine has the maple/Wenge neck and wenge fretboard.

Cracking basses these! I will never sell mine!

3 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

GLWTS

In what way is it different? Just out of interest.

I'll make comparisons with similar period Stage I + II basses as changes in country of manufacture of late and use of alternative sustainable woods, will vary slightly but remains effectively true.

Stage I - 5 piece thru neck (maple/wenge alternate) with 2 solid maple wings (no sandwich fillers, no other joints), PJ pups and wenge fingerboard.

Stage II - 7 piece thru neck (wenge) with a matching centre cap to hide the neck thru, bubinga wings, JJ pups and wenge fingerboard.

Streamer 1990 Ltd Ed - 3 piece thru neck (all maple) with body wings of birds eye maple sandwiched with a dark wood (for the life of me I can't be sure what this is but as they used a lot of wenge I'd guess at that but have a niggling doubt it is a softer more manageable wood) so that each 'wing' is made of a front and back side with sandwich and the wings also have this sandwich attaching to centre section, Soapbar pups and ebony fingerboard.

I think it is the use of the denser body woods, all maple neck and bart SB pups (possibly ebony fingerboard) that give this model a very distinct voice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2018 at 18:14, 4000 said:

Sorry, I'm familiar with the difference in construction, just wondered what the difference in sound was like. 

Very bright and full of upper mids. Mine always sounded more like a Spector than a tradtional Warwick, due to all that hard maple. Probably one of tbe most aggressive sounding basses I have owned. I would imagine this one would be much the same. 

11 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

Very bright and full of upper mids. Mine always sounded more like a Spector than a tradtional Warwick, due to all that hard maple. Probably one of tbe most aggressive sounding basses I have owned. I would imagine this one would be much the same. 

I concur. My 1990 5 string Warwick Streamer with Barts and maple body has this characteristic as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Marcoelwray

Bump for this outstanding instrument. I only don't like the dual soapbar setup instead of the P J. But this Birdseye, in Warwick golden era ...

At this price...

Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic