Why become a member? ×

1990 Warwick Streamer Ltd Edition - SOLD
£1500

bagsieblue

Having played this bass I can confirm that its Warwick at its best, one of the nicest Streamer I've played and I've owned a number of vintage Warwicks, Streamers and Thumbs. I'm amazed that this is still available and due to my unemployment it's the only reason it is! 

What's the neck profile like on this bass? Is it typical of the 90's slimmer profile necks? I've got 1997 and 1999 LX's with wenge necks which have a much slimmer profile than the 2000s ovangkol necks. Would you say that the neck profile on this one is comparable in shape to my 90s LX's?

4 minutes ago, bassment73 said:

What's the neck profile like on this bass? Is it typical of the 90's slimmer profile necks? I've got 1997 and 1999 LX's with wenge necks which have a much slimmer profile than the 2000s ovangkol necks. Would you say that the neck profile on this one is comparable in shape to my 90s LX's?

It's the slimmer profile.

If I remember correctly I think the neck profile's history runs along the lines of:

Pre 2000 - Slim Profile

2000-2009 (ish) - Thicker Profile/

2009 onwards - Slim Profile

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bassment73 said:

I'm guessing that your spec list was provided by Warwick HQ on submission of serial no? If so it looks like everything is still as 'stock'. That right? Is the vol knob push/pull for active/passive switching?

I think the spec list i copied from a previous for sale ad.

I believe it is correct, its probably more reliable than the information that comes from whoever is manning the Warwick email address on Pre 2000 Warwicks.

Ive had the bass for 4/5 years so I can only vouch for that  whilst it has been in my possession.

Is it as stock?, It's a 1990 Warwick, so the Jack socket has probably been replaced in its lifetime, I'm not certain on the strap locks either.

Apart from that I'd say so yes.  I've added here a shot inside the control cavity.

Yes, Push pull vol knob to bypass the EQ.

CameraZOOM-20190510175202852.jpg

• Like 1

I notice a couple of people have described the sound of this bass to be naturally bright, aggressive and 'Spector-like'. I wondered what it was like in the low end department, as I've generally found Barts to be quite dark, thumpy and with good low end. Do the Barts tame some of the inherently bright sound of the hard body? I guess what I'm saying is it possible (using the EQ probably) to get thicker, dare I say more vintage tones out of this bass?

I've found Streamer LXs to be my go-to gigging basses for the last few years in covers band as I can pretty much approximate most bass sounds (old and modern) with use of the EQ, pickup balance and playing technique. Would this Ltd Streamer be as versatile or have a particular overriding character that is ever-present?

Sorry for the waffle - hope this makes sense :)

Describing sound is very subjective area, and as well as the bass itself there are of course other factors such  individual playing style, strings, set up, amp, bass eq settings, amp settings, cabs used......

My subjective opinions are; as a two pickup, active / passive, pickups being blendable and EQ onboard the bass it is a versatile instrument.

To compare against a Streamer LX, I would say it is similar but with naturally a little more 'attack' or 'punch'.

2 hours ago, bagsieblue said:

Describing sound is very subjective area, and as well as the bass itself there are of course other factors such  individual playing style, strings, set up, amp, bass eq settings, amp settings, cabs used......

My subjective opinions are; as a two pickup, active / passive, pickups being blendable and EQ onboard the bass it is a versatile instrument.

To compare against a Streamer LX, I would say it is similar but with naturally a little more 'attack' or 'punch'.

Thanks, this all sounds good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • MB1 locked this topic