Why become a member? ×

Dragonfly (Harrys Engineering) Fat J5 Custom Jazz Bass
£900

RGW_warn

Dragonfly 5 string, Fat J5 custom Jazz Bass

Handmade in Japan by renowned Luthier, Tatsuaki Totani, who originally worked with Aria and now heads up Harrys Engineering.

The Bass is 5 string custom Jazz Bass, Alder Body, 5 piece maple neck with walnut stringers, the headstock is capped in Maple and the fingerboard is flamed maple. The Bass is handmade and the finish and build quality is second to none, up there with Atelier, Xotic etc.

The hardware is all high end GOTOH, the pick ups are hand wound Dragonfly customs, flush finished in walnut casings. The scratch plate is in black, which works well with the matt finish of the Alder body.

The pre-amp is the Harrys Engineering DFBP-3, LOW/MID/TREBLE boost/cut, with mid notch. There is a mid cut/boost switch, active/passive select, master tone, master volume and balance. The tonal range is really impressive, from vintage Jazz right through to more spanky/slap tones.

The bass has excellent playability, with quite a flat profile, which lends itself to quite low action if that's your thing, I have had the Bass professionally set up, with a fret dress just to get it spot on, but it was already pretty good when I got it.

It also includes the Dragonfly semi soft case, with all original paperwork/spec sheet/build number and allen keys etc.

I have owned the Bass since new, I imported it directly from Bass Japan Direct (Danny Stewart), so it's got a great pedigree, plus you get to avoid the shipping costs and import duties!

This is a pro level instrument, unfortunately my playing skills aren't, and, truth be told, I prefer guitar, so I'm looking to move this on to someone who will get better use than I have. It's a joy to play, it sounds fantastic and it looks great, so hopefully someone out there will appreciate this beautiful bass guitar.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer, if you go to Youtube and search for "Dragonfly Fat j5" you will see a clip of Danny Stewart playing this actual Bass, suffice to say, Danny was quite impressed.

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

Edited by RGW_warn
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...