Why become a member? ×

Canadian Eh!

RonMac

Hello All

Longtime, 50-years, bassist and still at it. At the moment I do mostly small local jazz gigs in the Hamilton ON area. (home of F Bass)... Started on electric, 66 P-bass, still got it's neck, now fretless, and bridge. I've been playing upright 25-years. ... My two main electrics are both Fender, an all original 74-Jazz and a parts, neck and pickups 64-P bass, I add D-tuners to all my basses. And a 60-year old carved upright with Spirocores and a Wilson pickup. ... I have another upright, a German laminate, I leave in Florida as my winter beater. ... Amps, I've had them all but now I'm playing Aguilar 350 with a GS12" cab, but run first through a Radial Bassbone pre set on notch. ... After all these years I'm confinced that necks are it, then pickups and all the other parts can be swapped out and changed. ... I also sing, play piano and write, songs and stories. ... I believe we're on this planet to create. 

64:74 combo.jpg

• Like 2

Hi. This year marks my 50th year playing bass.  I was born in the UK, lived in Canada from the ages of 3 to 32 then came back to the UK with "Jack".  I'm now retired and living on the isle of Portland, Dorset and play in a Weymouth based band called the Silhouettes. We play regularly. I bought my Gibson Ripper (Jack) new back in '75 and only last year decided to retire it and play something different, now a Burns Bison bass. I'm about to purchase a 5 string followed by a fretless. I play thru a Peavey Headliner 1000 rack amp (damn, what an amp!), a series of Boss pedals and through 2 Markbass cabs.

bison 1 crop burn.jpg

my gear.jpg

Gibson Ripper.jpg

Edited by Shutterbug
  • Like 1

Hello Ron,
Welcome to BC. Lovely looking basses you have there :)
I started playing many years back (not 50 years though) Sadly for me, I stopped playing for around 25 years! :o
However, I'm now an "old / new" bassist, and loving it more than ever

Shwmae from South Wales