Why become a member? ×

HOW BAREFACED STARTED

grandad

Great to read the whole story, thanks for the link.

I bought a Compact in 2011, added a Midget in 2012, changed to a Supercompact 3 years ago and as soon as I tried it bought a second.  Now added a One10 to the family.  I like everything about the brand. 

I've just got a One10 which is enough for me but out of curiosity I'd love to try out a super compact. Keep getting tempted to buy one but I know I don't need it so I've managed to resist. Maybe I'll get to try one out at the next Midlands Bass-bash or even a BBII if someone brings one.

In my dotage I'm so thankful to have modern light-weight gear.

• Thanks 1

On 02/11/2018 at 08:38, 51m0n said:

Yep, remember being loaned the very first BF cab by Alex. He has come a very very long way in a pretty short time IMO.

The new guitar cabs are incredible too!

Are the guitar cabs on the market yet? I've not noticed them on the website.

1 hour ago, grandad said:

...I'd love to try out a super compact. Keep getting tempted to buy one but I know I don't need it so I've managed to resist...

Ah go on, you know you want to! I can't think of a better UK company to support. Alex deserves his success, he worked hard for it.

On 03/11/2018 at 11:00, MoonBassAlpha said:

Are the guitar cabs on the market yet? I've not noticed them on the website.

Heh, if they're aren't they will be any minute, I saw the first run in the factory last week, very fetching green tolex (or whatever it is on them) and a great new vintage stylee logo. Bobby was working on the new website stuff.

They look smarter then the pre-production version, but I bet  they sound just as good. The pre-prod version easily trumped my guitarist's Fender deVille 410 for tone and dispersion. Volume-wise I couldn't say - he has never had to push that 410 to see how loud it will go - but the wee BF cab was damn loud in its own right, far more on tap than we need.

10 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Do it, mine is awesome!! And I had a day out to Brighton to collect it, met the gang, t'was a great day :)

I had 2 x One10’s before but had to sell them when I was skint.

The cabs were great, and the customer service was top notch. Looking forward to getting another! 

I enjoyed that - I've used BF cabs for years now - a couple of Compacts, then a Compact & Midget pair, then a Super 12, then a Big Baby II (the only one I didn't really get on with), now a Super Twin and a 'spare' Compact. The Super Twin's going nowhere. 😁 

1 hour ago, thebassist said:

A very good read. I looked at these and I'm rather embarrassed to say that, ultimately, I was a little put off by the looks and went for two second hand SL112s.

Yes, I like the 10"s but I think the ports on the 12"s should be covered by the grill if you know what I mean. Just my preference. The SL112s do look smart.

Nice article! I remember the first Big One being loaded into the boot of my Ford Focus, delivered by Alex on an excursion from his day job at the time. Apart from a dalliance away with Ashdown when I needed some cash I’ve been a BF user since 2010 and absolutely love their Super Compact and One10 cabs. Happy birthday Barefaced :)

Edited by Merton

I'm going to be changing my rig next year and will be seriously looking at Barefaced cabs as one of my options. I will be running a LM3 and plan to also get an Ampeg PF50T amp. Currently running 2 x Markbass NY112's but they lack dynamics and clarity. I like the look of getting 2 x One10 cabs but don't want to end up with a thin sound so also looking at getting a couple of Midget's.