Why become a member? ×

HPF + LPF

Ruck

On 05/11/2018 at 10:07, Bigwan said:

Just been looking at the Mooer Radar cab sim pedal and it has built in and, according to the manual, adjustable HP and LP filters, as well as EQ, power amp and cab sims. No details as to what the available settings are for the filters or what slope the filters have though...

Very interesting little pedal nonetheless!

Edit:from a user on that other site, HPF is adjustable from 15Hz in 5Hz steps. 5 band eq has sweepable mid points. 

Have you found info about the slope? It should be steep for them to call it an HPF but it would be good to know.

The LPF only comes down to 3 kHz, which is good to tame the top end, but not that useful as an 'effect' if you want to use it to get an ultra deep bass tone.

On 04/11/2018 at 14:39, mcnach said:

Oh, I'd be interested to see how you like it when you build it!

I got the Vong up and running this morning.  It's a straightforward build, not noisy and everything functions as expected.  Hard to say more than that before I have the chance to use it in a gig situation really. 

My main use for it will be with double bass to control the low end and maybe use the switchable LPF to take the harsh edge off my amplified bow sound.  Though it could also be useful to tame my DI fuzz sound with electric bass with the LPF, and maximise headroom on my little Ampeg pf-50t with the HPF. 

I've also got to try splitting a heavily highpassed signal into a dirty guitar combo some time, for a pseudo Ric-O-Sound setup - might be interesting to record with...

• 6 months later...
37 minutes ago, Chimike said:

Just finished building my Vong, simply great instructions, makes for an easy assembly of what is quite a fully featured little pedal.

only tried through headphones, so far, but certainly silent in use.

Mine has been really useful so far, and it does fit a lot in for such a small box.  It's a shame there's no ready built option on these, I can imagine a lot of bassists would find them useful. 

1 hour ago, Beer of the Bass said:

Mine has been really useful so far, and it does fit a lot in for such a small box.  It's a shame there's no ready built option on these, I can imagine a lot of bassists would find them useful. 

Indeed. I would have likely bought one if the option existed.

On 01/11/2018 at 16:13, jrixn1 said:

Depending on your exact scenario, perhaps a Zoom multi-effects unit like B1on, MS-60B, or B3n.  They have a few options for HPF (e.g. `AcBs Pre`), and one of the cab simulations could play the part of a LPF.

which cab sim is that?

On 01/11/2018 at 16:13, jrixn1 said:

Depending on your exact scenario, perhaps a Zoom multi-effects unit like B1on, MS-60B, or B3n.  They have a few options for HPF (e.g. `AcBs Pre`), and one of the cab simulations could play the part of a LPF.

5 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

which cab sim is that?

I think it depends exactly what you're looking to get from your LPF in the first place, and a cab sim isn't the same as a LPF - but it might serve a similar purpose , namely rolling off the highs.

The new Zoom B1 Four does have a specifc LPF effect (called "High EQ") which I don't think was in the older units - although I haven't tried it myself.
I'm not sure which cab sim is the best - I cycled through them and ended up with the Bassman 4x12.

• Thanks 1