Why become a member? ×

SOLD Limelight P Bass
£550

joeabass

For sale, Limelight P bass!

Selling this due to buying an SVT for recording, sad to see it go but needs must.

Reason for the price is simply the previous owner has told me the bridge saddles may be seized, I have not checked as the setup is fine as is. I contacted the man himself regarding this, this was the response.

the parts of the bridge do unfortunately have a tendency to seize up but fairly easy to rectify:

if you get a good screwdriver on the intonation screws (the long ones) they usually undo ok - i'll be surprised if they don't - and take off the saddle. if you do one at a time you can make a mental note (or take a picture) of its position which will save you having to re-do the intonation. 

when it's off, you need to hold it in a gas flame (blow torch is best if you have one, or failing that your gas hob) and heat it up. when really hot plunge it into a jar of cold water and then try to move the height adjustment screws. try back and for first. usually they loosen up easily, if they don't then repeat the process. this will definitely work - i've never been unable to free of the screws like this, especially since your bass is pretty new.

Other than this the bass is spot on. Sounds great and has been a huge part of the last set recordings Ive done.

I have a box to ship if needs be but more than happy for anyone to come and try, I'll make sure there is an amp here and some coffe!

Any questions feel free to ask 

Joe

IMG_4601.JPG

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4603.JPG

IMG_4604.JPG

IMG_4605.JPG

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, bassix said:

What is the nut width on this?

Honestly I’m not sure and have no way to really measure but this is it next to my other P, looks narrower to me. I know this isn’t super helpful sorry about that 

(limelight left)

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, discreet said:

I had a seized Limelight bridge too. Soaked it in WD40, left it for a day or two, heated the saddle screws with a gas flame, done. Works perfectly - it's now on my Jazz Bitsa. Non-issue.

Yea I knew it wasn't a big problem I just wanted to make sure it was documented, wouldn't want the buyer to be surprised by it. I appreciate someone who has done it themselves commenting too, clears the problem up, thanks      

• Like 1

Great looking bass! I also had  seized saddles on my Limelight. I love relic, but that much relic is a bit over the top if you ask me. Everything should still be functional. Luckily it seems like an easy fix ( I just swapped the complete bridge for an allparts replacement). GLWTS!

Edited by badastronaut

Wow! That really is a great price for a Limelight! :o
Fabulous basses, they really are. I like the colour of this one too
If I needed another P bass, I'd definitely be wanting this one

The bridge is a simple enough fix (I had a problem with 2 of the height adjustment screws on mine - I emailed Mark and he sent me a few replacements)
GLWTS - but at that price, I'm sure it won't be around long :)

• Like 1