Why become a member? ×

Anybody know what this used to be?

Thought Hohner B Bass at first but it's PJ and the shape is different, I think whoever is responsible for this really wanted one of those!:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BASS-Guitar-in-green-this-is-the-AND-in-rock-N-roll/253952871655?hash=item3b20c54ce7:g:wqMAAOSwtmZb1KaU

Quite an entertaining and honest description from the seller anyway which makes a change.

Edited by lemmywinks

To be honest you can buy the headless bass bridge and nut kits for £25-£30 on AliExpress so this might make a nice Hohner The Jack copy project for someone up for a bit of Steinbuggery, especially as it should go for a very low price. With a bit of elbow grease you might end up with a presentable through neck underneath all that green marker pen.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1

On 31/10/2018 at 14:51, 2x18 said:

Headstock looks very much like a Yamaha Motion bass I used to own

Sort of.   The headstock on this hideous green alien is flat, whereas the Motion B's were raised in the middle on the outside and concave underneath, as you might remember

motion 2.jpg

motion 1.jpg

Might be worth twenty quid just to see it in the flesh?

Then chop the top off to below the break, lose one fret, sort the truss rod (is there one?), and make it look like a headless.

I’m tempted.

Then maybe not.

Edited by Baxlin

57 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Then chop the top off to below the break, lose one fret, sort the truss rod (is there one?), and make it look like a headless.

The neck is cracked below the nut though, still fixable but turns it into a more complicated job. Also on closer inspection the Schallers are missing the ferrule/nut assembly too - looks like generic machine nuts on the front of the headstock and metal washers on the back - so what little value was there just got even less!

It's a dog but at least the seller is honest in the description. This is the type of project I find most interesting though, lets face it if you're nearby and could collect it would be worth sticking a tenner on just for fun.

Possibly.

Edited by lemmywinks