Why become a member? ×

Bass centre elite strings

Rollin Thunder

14 hours ago, louisthebass said:

My favourite strings - have been using 'em for most of my bass playing life - started using them back in the late 1980's (Stadium stainless steel 40 -125 gauge). I can usually make a set last about three months before changing.

Currently ysing rotosound 66 nickle, get 3 months out if them. Love a well broke in set on my Jazz bass, thoght i would try something else.

23 hours ago, bertbass said:

Let us know what you think.

Happy so far, good tension without being too tight, tried DR steels once and they were like cheese wire,.

The clarity on these is very very good, they sound nice and bright but not stupidly bright, just a bit worn in straight out of the packet, hopefully this will last.

Better assessment will be after they have been on a month or so. 

I've used Elite Stadiums for about 28 years and find they are the best strings for me. Have tried others but always come back to the Elites. I have been told Rotosound's are the same string as they come from the same manufacturer and currently trying a set of 66's. They do seem very similar buy maybe a bit more tension.

On 11/11/2018 at 20:52, Linus27 said:

I've used Elite Stadiums for about 28 years and find they are the best strings for me. Have tried others but always come back to the Elites. I have been told Rotosound's are the same string as they come from the same manufacturer and currently trying a set of 66's. They do seem very similar buy maybe a bit more tension.

don't rotosound make there own strings at their own factory, they are similar sounding and feel.

2 hours ago, Rollin Thunder said:

don't rotosound make there own strings at their own factory, they are similar sounding and feel.

Yes they do but I've been told that there's only a few UK factories making bass strings and Rotosound and Elites come from the same production line.