Why become a member? ×

Tech21 Red Ripper
£80

pantherairsoft

Tech21 Red Ripper. Great condition. Spent most of its life on my pedalboard. No box. Lovely deep high gain distortion and grind with the added bonus of some synth squelch if that’s your thing!

£80 posted in the UK.

52FFE2B4-BC94-4372-A347-A6A11ABCA3FD.jpeg

Edited by pantherairsoft
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I used to have one and it even beat my original Mastaron as i was running both! If anyone wants the sound of a 3 leaf Doom this can get close and do more besides, great synthy octave up brassmaster tones can be had too. A really versatile drive at a great price 😁 the sellers a pedal legend too!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lee650 said:

I used to have one and it even beat my original Mastaron as i was running both! If anyone wants the sound of a 3 leaf Doom this can get close and do more besides, great synthy octave up brassmaster tones can be had too. A really versatile drive at a great price 😁 the sellers a pedal legend too!!

I like that 'pedal legend' bit ;)

I agree with everything said in this post though. It's very versatile and has insane low end.

11 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

What does the r.i.p. knob do?

It's an adjustable filter which adds in some wet synth sound. Tech21 have always be cagey about what it actually does, but it appears to be an adjustable band witch filter with increasing resonance. It can be turned off entirely for no synthy tone.

I did briefly own one of these and it compares very favourably with the octave fuzz on the Octo Nøjs. In fact it was much fatter sounding though isn’t gated. It can be very high gain at some settings too. At this price, and given I’ve sold my ON and Doom, I’m quite tempted.