Why become a member? ×

Used flatwounds and halfwounds
£45

Picato Half Rounds - 45-100.  £20

Fitted to my P bass but only the E string was cut (plenty of winds however) and played for 5mins max.  A little too much on the roundwound side of things for me, im used to the full on thump of dead flats

Elites Flatwounds - 45-105.  £15

Fitted to my P bass with plenty of winds.  These are my favourite flats in the world but latest project requires something more zingy.  Nice bite to them but still massively thumpy at the same time.  These have had several hours use and are lovely and warm.  Definitely on the old school side of the spectrum these so don’t expect Fender/Chromes twangy sustain - proper flats!

Elites Flatwounds - 45-105. £15

As above but not as old and also fitted to a Jack Casady bass so 2+2 headstock rather than 4-in-row.  Bit zinger than my P bass ones

Status Hotwire Flats - 45-105. £10

These are medium scale but fit my standard p bass no problems with around half an inch clearance of the nut before the silk starts.  Quite lively for such smooth flats and plenty ringy.  These have had around 2hrs use and are still new sounding with plenty of scope to mellow out.  These have been fitted but never cut

All prices include postage and packaging within the UK.  Collection from Bolton also welcome

Edited by Pow_22