Bridgehouse

Utter disaster. I give up.

32 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

So... Basschat world. Do I keep it or move it on??

For me, if you're asking the question, you should keep it. If you're going to sell it, you should be in no doubt when you list it.

• Like 1

Play it a lot over Christmas,  then see how you feel in late January.  Hopefully you'll love it because it certainly looks a beauty. 

Difficult decision with such a gorgeous bass.

Not sure which way i'd go to be honest. Send it up here for a year and i'll give you my honest opinion. :biggrin:

Absolutely stunning bass tho.

Dave

For everyone drooling, it's even more beautiful in the, erm, wood, so to speak. A work of art that is also a musical instrument.

To the OP, keep it and play it: only you will know if it's a keeper after that.

• Like 3

Yeah. I take all the points raised. 

It’s a stunning instrument. It plays beautifully. It sounds immense - the piezo bridge being part of the fretboard gives it a deep tonality which is so rich - it’s not just deep and boomy, it’s very full and very rounded with some impressive overtones. Blend in the pickup under the board and it gains a midrange honk as well. 

And that should be enough to keep it, right?

It probably is. But the fact that I’m asking the question worries me.

I'll be the devil's advocate, if you've doubts and certainly fears about it, sell it.

To me it's also a work of art, a masterpiece and an instrument that needs to be played.

How much did you pay for the repair, if you'd like to share, of course ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

I'll be the devil's advocate, if you've doubts and certainly fears about it, sell it.

To me it's also a work of art, a masterpiece and an instrument that needs to be played.

How much did you pay for the repair, if you'd like to share, of course ?

I’ve not had the bill yet....

1 minute ago, Bridgehouse said:

Nah. None of you lot deserve it :D

Not even me?! :sorry:

:D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Not even me?! :sorry:

:D

Especially not you. You'll be straight down crack converters to fund your next fix of 'plaster' Jamas 😜

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bridgehouse said:

Just ran a raffle with just your name in the hat 

Weirdly, Rick 4000 won it....

Now, we have the proof we were looking for. Same person. :tatice_03:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bridgehouse said:

Keeping it is edging it at the moment. I need to play it tonight to see how I feel about it. 

I think you need to play it - I reckon you'll get a feel for if it is an instrument you'll fall back in love within a few minutes.

1 hour ago, Si600 said:

You'll be straight down crack converters to fund your next fix of 'plaster' Jamas

This bass has already been to Crack Convertors once... 

(with apologies to Mr. Shuker, but the pun was irresistible)

• Haha 6

I had a Warwick Streamer bass that I loved. I had a big gig and it failed. I got it fixed but I could never trust the bass again and sold it on here within a few weeks.

3 hours ago, Bridgehouse said:

And that should be enough to keep it, right?

It probably is. But the fact that I’m asking the question worries me.

On a more serious note I can understand your quandary completely. No matter how beautiful it is or the amount of work done to repair it your personal experience with this particular bass has nonetheless been jaded. It’s really very little to do with the physical item itself, It’s much more psychological than that. I actually think you need to ignore all of us and see if you can reconnect with it, if you can then great, but if you can’t I don’t think you shouldn’t worry. Our relationships with things as personal as musical instruments is finely, finely balanced. Good luck Sir.

• Like 6

I wouldn’t rush into any decision. The trauma attached to such an event needs time to process and hopefully recover from. It’s still raw. Leave it in the case and get on with life. You’ll wake up one day and know the answer. 

• Like 2

I thought that was a stunningly beautiful looking bass when I saw the picture. I once waited six months for a custom built Sandberg and, six weeks after arrival, the neck warped and twisted so it had to go back for a new neck. It’s been perfect ever since though. Don’t give up on it!

• Like 1