Why become a member? ×

Do I need a shim?

Jono Bolton

I thought I needed a shim recently but it turned out the neck wasn’t quite sitting flat

the material i found best was that thin plastic they used in o pack of socks and underwear to wrap the socks around. Easy to cut, thin  and doesn’t squash

29 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

I thought I needed a shim recently but it turned out the neck wasn’t quite sitting flat

the material i found best was that thin plastic they used in o pack of socks and underwear to wrap the socks around. Easy to cut, thin  and doesn’t squash

I use aluminium food trays - they’re easy to cut to strips and double over to get the required thickness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

So why aren’t y’all out gigging rather than thinking up weak puns about takeaway food ?

Good God man, the last gig I played was around 1993. I'm still carefully planning my come-back.

It ain't easy to find a top quality Grace Jones tribute act within a third of a mile of my location, and without a current bass player... plus I'd have to learn the set... 😬

edit: Actually, I can already play 'Private Life' all the way through. More or less.

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3