Why become a member? ×

Swing blues, Chicago blues, funky blues, Bath/Bristol area, bass needed

Witters

Hi folks,

Bristol/Bath/Devizes area (or anywhere nearish if you are willing to travel, perhaps we can gig over your way?)

The Phil Prowse Blues Band need a new bass player. Age is fairly immaterial as long as you have energy, but we are 45+ if it matters.

We play high energy swing blues with lots of other stuff thrown in when we feel like it. Current line up ... vocals/harmonica, guitar, keys, bass, drums.  You need to be able swing, walk, improvise and funk.  There is plenty of room to be creative as a lot of what we do is improvised around a blues structure, though we do play tunes with set arrangements as well,. We are also bringing in a number of well known tunes but turning them into blues numbers and you will have input to that.

We gig once or twice a month (pubs, small festivals, private parties) and being Blues you won’t make a living from this, however, it is great fun and a damn fine band (ask Tim Walker, he is on here somewhere and is the man you will be replacing...get all the dirt from him.)  We  tend to play long sets....up to three hours but usually 2 to 2 and a half hours!

You could also ask @Raymondo who saw us at the Wotton under Edge Blues Festival recently.

We are on youtube ... (there are other tunes on the channel and we will be filming and recording the upcoming gigs for airplay and anything else we can think of).

If you are interested then please contact me!

thank you for reading!

At Rich’s suggestion here is a link to our appearance at The Bradford Roots Festval January 2018.  This is pre-keys and re-edited by a fan of ours in Turkey! Unfortunately, no footage from the Wotton under Edge Blues Festival a few weeks ago! 

this video takes about 40 seconds to kick in due to my editing ☺️ *ahem*

Edited by Witters
Add link to new video content.

41 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Crikey Tim will be a hard act to follow!

It's a bit far to travel from Derbyshire....otherwise I would be practicing my blues now!

Fabulous band....I hope you find someone soon.

Thanks Ray.  Yeah, I know, but new job, newly married both etc.  That’s why he is leaving.  Perhaps you could come jam with us one day?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Witters said:

You could also ask @Raymondo who saw us at the Wotton under Edge Blues Festival recently

You could also ask Rich as he's depped with them a couple of times :lol: my man Witters is right, they're a superb band and a great bunch of blokes. You couldn't ask for a better rhythm pal than Adrian the drummer. I shall be very jealous of whoever gets this job. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Read your add with interest. The band sounds good and right up my street..Ive attached a link to my exploits here,. look forward to hearing from you if you haven't found some one already..I'm also available as a dep and willing to travel as a full time musician

Cheers Paul F

https://www.facebook.com/electricuprightbassist/

Edited by frannie01

On 27/11/2018 at 14:54, frannie01 said:

Hi Read your add with interest. The band sounds good and right up my street..Ive attached a link to my exploits here,. look forward to hearing from you if you haven't found some one already..I'm also available as a dep and willing to travel as a full time musician

Cheers Paul F

https://www.facebook.com/electricuprightbassist/

Hi Paul, I have messaged you via Facebook 

thanks

mark