Why become a member? ×

NAD: Darkglass Microtubules 900

artisan

Oh 'eck 😁

I just need to move my Fender Bassman Neo 410 now.

It is a fantastic cab but just a bit of a struggle for my knees,especially on stairs,whereas the VK's should be a doddle.

I used to have a Big Baby 2 ,it was a brilliant cab but I fancy something different & those VK's look so damn sexy.

Yeh - do ignore me and Cuzzie , we can sometimes come across as being like a pair of jilted lovers but it's all underpinned by good friendship :) 

The Vanderkleys are red cabs in black fishnet stockings. Can't imagine for a moment why you find them sexy? 😁

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol 😁

So I used this at Monday's rehearsal through a very well hammered old Ampeg SVT410HLF & it still sounded awesome.

It's punchy as hell too although as I discovered if I blend too far towards full on distortion I loose all of the bottom end.

I just need to use it more & get used to how everything works together to get the best from it,but so far I am very impressed with it,can't wait to hear it through some decent speakers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artisan said:

It's punchy as hell too although as I discovered if I blend too far towards full on distortion I loose all of the bottom end...

I tend to have the blend set at around 50:50 clean with the dirt engaged, which seems to work well.

Oh yes...I should have mentioned that the 3 band EQ on my Ibby SR Premium is really effective and just a small increase or decrease on the bass dial brings up or cuts the bass, as required; the bass EQ on the amp then becomes more of a fine tuning for me.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

We play classic Sabbath covers & I did get an awesome vintage growl just using a little of the B3K blended in,my jazz sounded awesome,I couldn't stop grinning.

Love the amp to bits & I am enjoying playing with the controls too,I just wish it had a headphone socket.

9 minutes ago, artisan said:

We play classic Sabbath covers & I did get an awesome vintage growl just using a little of the B3K blended in,my jazz sounded awesome,I couldn't stop grinning.

Love the amp to bits & I am enjoying playing with the controls too...

It's just great when that happens, I know, with any gear! :) 

9 minutes ago, artisan said:

...I just wish it had a headphone socket.

I think you'd find that you would cut through much less well "in the mix" if you were using headphones particularly with Sabbath material. Ok, I've finished with my woman now and I'll get my coat...

• Haha 1