Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Music Man sub U.S.A. burgundy!! PRICEDROP £375,-
£475

SurroundedByManatees

USA Music Man sub 

Pretty burgundy Music Man Sub. This is from the old USA made sub series. These are a great value for a reasonable price. This is the passive version. 

qWiXZjF.jpg

t0mF2G0.jpg

IyMnWNr.jpg

Wdm893m.jpg

dxvhr6U.jpg

GtJEzUM.jpg

xWx9UDa.jpg

ZNSd7Bw.jpg

RG2lAEo.jpg

vG0Z7rK.jpg

This bass plays and sounds great. Though it's passive, it's sound is still unmistakingly Stingray. A little bit more decent maybe. 

Of course the bass is used, so it has a few small damages. Nothing serious though. All functions like it should, though the pots are a bit scratchy. They might benefit from a bit of cleaning. 

I bought this bass thinking it was active (didn't know about the passive ones), as a cheaper option for a 2eq Stingray. So the passive version is not exactly what I'm after. This is a great sounding bass, though I happen to like the exessive active Stingray tones more when it comes down to that type of humbucker sound. 

New rotosound 45-105 strings have been fitted. 

No case or bag included. I'll include a set of flatwounds that I have lying around. I think they're still usable. 

Asking £475 - -> last pricedrop:

Now £375 / €420

The sub is located in the Netherlands, but I am happy to ship at buyers risk and expense. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees

On 27/10/2018 at 18:51, SurroundedByManatees said:

I bought this bass thinking it was active (didn't know about the passive ones), as a cheaper option for a 2eq Stingray. So the passive version is not exactly what I'm after.

I did the exact same thing.... I ended up routing mine out for a battery box and dropped in a John East preamp. It was a really easy job to do, and now I've got the bonus of having the 2EQ sound but with an extra sweepable mid control. Could be worth a thought if you've got access to a router...

It crossed my mind, but I would have to call in a luthier to make that happen. So that makes it way more expensive than buying a used active one. Those aren't that rare, so won't take a long wait:). 

But to be honest, I don't need it at the moment... I like the musicman sounds, but it's not a first choice when playing with the band.