Why become a member? ×

£40,000 for a replica !

That isn't the original either:

In November 2003, Fender made the announcement that 100 Stevie Ray Vaughan “Number One” replica guitars would be made by the Masterbuilder John Cruz of the Custom Shop. Fender were able to get a hands-on look at the original instrument and have painstakingly matched every minor element of the famous guitar using detailed photographs and video to give you the opportunity to own the most accurate replica ever made. Everything from the look, feel and sound of "Number One" has been recreated so that you can get an authentic SRV experience to bring you ever closer to that legendary tone!

The one at GAK makes the OP's one look cheap.

21 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Agreed. I'd struggle to play most of my favourite basslines on that thing.

You could maybe improve it by swapping the neck for a Precision one, putting a hi-mass bass bridge at the end of the body, and whanging in a Precision pickup there (you'd probably devalue it though if you had to hack the pickguard to fit one).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I suspect these guitars aren't for playing but are for rich people to display in a glass case in their office

Imagine how much of a tit you'd look displaying that in a glass case in your office.

"You're guitar looks a bit knackered"
"It's actually authentic wear done to replicate someone else's music career and playing style"

"Riiiiiiiiiiight........"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

Imagine how much of a tit you'd look displaying that in a glass case in your office.

"It's actually authentic wear done to replicate someone else's music career and playing style"

I’m guessing nobody is going to post a new guitar day with this one then.. :crazy:

• Haha 1

On 31/10/2018 at 00:13, lemmywinks said:

Next to a model of a Bell Jet ranger?

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/10/2018 at 15:20, lemmywinks said:

Imagine how much of a tit you'd look playing that on stage.

"Do you think it makes me sound like SRV?"

"Never heard of him, mate."

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Ludicrously optimistic prices aside, anyone know what the story is behind the left-handed trem? Did SRV prefer to have it dangling from the top of the bridge, or was it just a frantic bodged repair while on tour that he just got used to?

I understand that back in the day there were limited parts available, no ebay etc and he had to get whatever he could. I believe something fell on the guitar and it had to be repaired quickly. He just left it?

I am not an SRV guru, someone will probably reply with the full SP

22 minutes ago, mentalextra said:

I understand that back in the day there were limited parts available, no ebay etc and he had to get whatever he could. I believe something fell on the guitar and it had to be repaired quickly. He just left it?

I am not an SRV guru, someone will probably reply with the full SP

Thanks - I suspected it might have been a mad dash to see what parts a local guitar shop might have had knocking around to get the guitar into working order in time for that evening's gig! Now you mention it, I do know a guitarist who has an alarmingly intimate level of knowledge about SRV's gear and setup, so perhaps I should pick his brains next time I see him.

• Like 1