Why become a member? ×

Now Sold
£500

mr.noisy

My heart is aching but huge car repair bill forces sale (no trades please). I love both basses and only one has to go, but I can’t decide so once one of them will be taken I’ll keep the other one. If you are interested in one of them just message me for more pics and details. Sorry for poor pics, but it’s still quite dark and my phone camera isn’t the best in that situation. 

So, first is your ordinary Fender Classic 50’s Precision bass in the best colour. Sporting Thomastik flats. Gigged it more times than I can remember and it is just a working mans bass, sounds good in any situation. Nice, low action and very good condition with only some minor marks here and there. £500

Second bass is something more rare made in Japan ‘84 Tokai Jazz Sound with PJ pickup configuration, full candy apple red paint job (including back of the neck) and gold plated hardware. Unfortunately the plating is tarnished and comes off in some places, and there is much more wear and tear with dings and scratches, but that is to be expected from the instrument of that age that has been loved and gigged through the years. To me it looks beautiful and has that light relic vibe. Additionally when I first got it I had a fret dressing and set up done by Mark Pressling (who has worked for Fender Custom Shop and many major artist) who did an amazing work. It has a very nice, low action and great playability. Any bass player that tried it always loved it and didn’t want to hand it back to me. £600 and no offers on this one as it is rare, collectors bass as good (if not better) as any vintage Fender jazz that I have ever played. 

I will include aftermarket fender vintage style tweed hard case with the bass that will be sold as I am a gig bag guy. I very strongly recommend picking it up and trying it first, I am located in London, Neasden. Since there is a hard case I am willing to wrap it up if you wish to organise your own courier. 
Thanks

44767690_2003642989673337_1781567239133043708951_2003642996340003_6578416513236044840873_2003643053006664_46086927612295

Edited by mr.noisy

13 minutes ago, 1970 said:

That Tokai is dreamy.

Thank you, I think the same. Beauty. There is actually someone who wants to take it already on the other platform that I have also used to list it, but I am waiting to see if maybe someone wants a Precision.

So while bumping the thread I just want to say that I do have already some takers for the Tokai, but now I think I will really regret letting it go, so P bass has priority for now, might even listen to the nearest offers on it, but my ride is already with the mechanic and will be ready to collect in a few days and then I’ll be forced to let the Tokai go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr.noisy said:

So while bumping the thread I just want to say that I do have already some takers for the Tokai, but now I think I will really regret letting it go....... 

Yes, that Tokai is really rather lovely, and would be harder to replace in future
That P bass is also very very nice, and a real looker in Fiesta Red - but as nice as it is, if you can sell that and hang on to that Tokai, you can replace the P bass at some later date
Good luck with the sale of the P, and sorry to hear about your large car repair bill

...mind you, these days all car repair bills seem to have grown :(

31 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Yes, that Tokai is really rather lovely, and would be harder to replace in future
That P bass is also very very nice, and a real looker in Fiesta Red - but as nice as it is, if you can sell that and hang on to that Tokai, you can replace the P bass at some later date
Good luck with the sale of the P, and sorry to hear about your large car repair bill

...mind you, these days all car repair bills seem to have grown :(

Thanks. 

Yes, I must say that the P bass is even more of a working man bass than Tokai. I always wanted one for ages after checking them in stores every time I’d go there. With these flats it’s so good that I even recently laid some bass tracks to a songs and it didn’t need any processing, just left it there dry and it sounds great. Tokai is just a bit more growly, even on the p pickup alone with tone rolled off. 

And with the car bills, I believe you. What is scaring me most is that every time something like that happens I find myself having to sell some gear as I’m always broke. Hard to be a musician sometimes. 

• 2 weeks later...