Why become a member? ×

Mystery bass

DeeEm55

Hello... Newbie here wondering if anyone can help identify a bass I spotted in a temporary shop during last summer. 

There was a pop-up shop in Sidmouth during this years Folk Week which had some beautiful natural wood, contoured body basses. 

Try as I might I have been unable to remember the maker or the name. Is there anybody on here that knows who they might have been?

Thanks in anticipation... 

• Like 1

Thanks... I did think that would be an option but in the official programme all the official vendors and locations are listed... This one isn't.

Am going to try the local council to see if they will tell if they issued any vendor licences, but they are very slow to respond hence this post. 

If you'd taken any photos you'd be posting them I reckon.

But, what about having a go at drawing the kind of thing you saw and posting it here? Worth a punt.

The only likely one I can think of us Kif Wood Guitars, based in Penzance. He makes some idiosyncratic basses, but maybe not what you'd call contoured.

Here's mine.

image.jpeg

Thanks all... The Gillett looks most like the ones I saw except I recall now that they might have been semi acoustic and very organic looking in a darker wood. 

Wish I'd picked up some of their literature now! 

The replies are greatly appreciated... 

6 minutes ago, BCH said:

I recognise that bass!!!!!...ha

Bernard is now the proud owner of the lovely bass in the pic, and about to upgrade to 'ST' spec (under-bridge piezos as well as mag pick-up at neck).  That's what I now play in my Americana band - fitted with the lovely Newtone Acoustic strings that Bernard also loves - and it's an absolute belter (I would say that, wouldn't I 😉)

4 hours ago, Gillett Guitars said:

Not sure whether our Contour 'look' qualifies as organic but here's our darkest offering (rosewood).

http://Contour-S-D-Oliver-RETOUCH-171204.jpg

Lots more pic's on our sponsored Basschat topic.

scrumpymike

aka Gillett Guitars Sales & Marketing Manager

That does look like the one... Were you at Sidmouth this year?