Why become a member? ×

Behringer EPS500 PA - anyone have any experience?

T-Bay

Does anyone have any personal experience of these? I am about to start on a new venture and need a cheap PA system for use as a vocal only PA with a four piece rock band in small-medium sized pubs. I know Behringer stuff is not always highly regarded but some of their stuff is really good. This would be only take the vocals as we all have decent kit. I am looking to buy it personally as it avoids nay issues down the line and just seems the simplest way to do it. Or does anyone know any decent alternatives for similar money and not too enormous.

Edited by T-Bay

I'm not sure that that would be hearty enough to be honest, inbuilt music ducking, the storage space and the power rating all suggest 'children's birthday party entertainer' rather than 'rock band vocals'.

I think something like a Soundcraft Notepad and a pair of Alto TX cabs would be a much better bet. I have the notepad 5 (£77 new) and the TX10s (£150 for the pair, open box return) for my tiny system, you'd probably want to go up one model each to the notepad 8fx and the TX12 for your use. Or you could spend the entire budget on one good powered speaker with a mic input and live without a proper mixer for the first few gigs? I've seen RCF 312s go for less than the price of the Behringer.

PS - This should probably be in Accessories and Misc.

Edited by Jack