Why become a member? ×

Helix + Barefaced, tweeter yes or no?

rebo213

Hi,
another one here to step on the Helix path. I don´t know if this will go better in the Amps section. I´m about to buy an Helix Lt or stomp. My current rig its a Genzler MG and a Barefaced Supertwin. I´m thinking about buying a Barefaced Big baby 2, to go full range, as supposedly its better for emulation purposes.
Don´t interested in the FR800, as I think the Genzler its transparent enough and I dont mind carry the extra leads.
My question, anyone here had experience using an Helix with a Super twin and a Big baby? I´m just the kind of guy who always had the tweeter off, but I´m wondering if having one will improve my sound.
Thank you!

Hi Rebo, 

PM sent!

Basically, the website says: 

"At the twist of a knob the complex crossover takes you from old school bass cab smoothness to uncompromising studio monitor accuracy".

I can confirm that this is exactly what it does, so if the knob is completely off, it should behave in a similar way to the Super Twin.. 

You cn adjust it to taste and specific needs, and generally I've always had it somewhere between the two. It's got an impressive frequency range which starts lower than the super twin at 30hz (super twin is 37hz), and goes up way higher than the Super twin at 20 Khz (super twin is 4khz).

All depends what you put into it though, but it's got plenty of scope to handle whatever you throw at it with impressive accuracy, so should suit lots of fx and different tones very well, although haven't tried it specifically with a Helix.