Why become a member? ×

Your favourite (famous - e.g. mainstream) music videos

EBS_freak

Stemming from a comment about Coldplay and their first two albums in response to @AndyTravis, I thought I would start a thread where you are invited to post your favourite music videos. You don't even have to like the music, you just have to have been suitably impressed by the video...

I'll kick off with this -

I thought this was absolutely brilliant. One continuous shot (which is always cool anyway (think Robert Downey Jr lip syncing Elton's I Want Love for a concrete example) - but the addition of loads of Kylies with every cycle around the street. Absolutely brilliant.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

A bit dated now but at the time was amazing... "Cry" by Godley & Creme

Wasn't MJ influenced by this video for one of his? I forget the name of the song but I seem to recall that being mentioned in an interview. Great video though for sure G&C!

George has some friends round home ...

Edited to add :

This was the mid 70s , way before the MTV revolution . George was 33 & 1/3 years old , hence the title of the album . He enlisted his friend Eric ( Idle , not Clapton ) to produce three videos for songs off the album . Compare the editing to

Edited by DaveFry
addition

6 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Stemming from a comment about Coldplay and their first two albums in response to @AndyTravis, I thought I would start a thread where you are invited to post your favourite music videos. You don't even have to like the music, you just have to have been suitably impressed by the video...

I'll kick off with this -

I thought this was absolutely brilliant. One continuous shot (which is always cool anyway (think Robert Downey Jr lip syncing Elton's I Want Love for a concrete example) - but the addition of loads of Kylies with every cycle around the street. Absolutely brilliant.

That is very clever.

I know its Coldplay - but linking back to the original thread, this is the video that sticks in my mind from them...

Would have posted a YT link but it would appear that the powers that be have deleted a load of Coldplay videos. Some one argue thats a good thing....?

On 25/10/2018 at 16:17, EBS_freak said:

Great thread! Cheers :) 

On 25/10/2018 at 19:25, TheGreek said:

I liked the 24 hour long video of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams...an idea so good that nobody has deigned to try and copy it.

A bit dated now but at the time was amazing... "Cry" by Godley & Creme

Problem with videos is that the technology has evolved so quickly that videos like Cry, and probably other classics - Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer, Thriller, Radiohead Creep, Aha (can't remember if it was Take on Me or Sun Always Shines) were groundbreaking in their day. Could probably be knocked up as part of a GCSE media studies project now!!