Why become a member? ×

Darkglass S.S Compressor

danny-79

Ok so the Markbass Compressore I have just brought new turns out to be faulty. I’m the process of trying to return it it’s over the 30days (about 6weeks) but anyways 

whats the verdict on the darkglass super sim? Any good? 

What else do you recommend? 

Cheers 

Edited by danny-79

The SS is very good. But I still sold it for a Cali76 Compact Bass instead.

The SS has a warm sound - a hint of old fashioned valve-ness about it, rather than the cleaner Cali or Empress. I think the Empress Compressor is my favourite but the form factor of a wide pedal with jacks still on the side annoys me.

Don't forget that Darkglass has their new compressor that has replaced the SS too. Not tried one though.

11 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

The SS is very good. But I still sold it for a Cali76 Compact Bass instead.

The SS has a warm sound - a hint of old fashioned valve-ness about it, rather than the cleaner Cali or Empress. I think the Empress Compressor is my favourite but the form factor of a wide pedal with jacks still on the side annoys me.

Don't forget that Darkglass has their new compressor that has replaced the SS too. Not tried one though.

Thanks for reply. That’s what I liked about the MB the warm tube sound. I’ve got one permanently mounted next to an amp head (Genz-Benz shuttle 600) and it sounds great it’s my favourite compressor ever that’s why I brought a second one but it’s give me nothing but trouble since I brought it. It’s hopefully going back fingers crossed so it’s a question of what next. 

The DG. SS is what I’ve got my eye on. Tube style warmth is the destination. Running tubes on a board is more trouble than it’s worth (separate power supply etc etc) need a compressor of some description anyway 

Edited by danny-79