Why become a member? ×

Small Tuner Pedals

obbm

I'm looking to replace my bulky Boss TU-2 tuner pedal with a new compact pedal. 

So far I've identified the Mooer Baby Tuner and the Korg Pitch Black PB-Mini. 

Are there any others and which is the most reliable/accurate?

I got one of these about a month or so ago. Its very small and just does enough without all the extra stuff i dont need. Seems just as accurate as any other tuner ive owned.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EYB97GI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Saying that, i did treat myself to a TCE Polytune 3 to replace it, as.......well, its a cool tuner to own.

Edited by dave_bass5

19 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

For a small footprint tuner the Pitchblack Mini is good, and unlike many of the smaller ones it runs on batteries so no need for PSUs etc. Nice an accurate too.

I used a pitchblack mini for a while for this reason - however, my guitarist friend and I found that they had a high pitched whining sound when turned on, didn't make us popular with sound guys. I ended up biting the bullet and getting a TU-3 after the screen on the pitchblack mini cracked.

On 27/10/2018 at 15:51, cannongeorge said:

I used a pitchblack mini for a while for this reason - however, my guitarist friend and I found that they had a high pitched whining sound when turned on, didn't make us popular with sound guys. I ended up biting the bullet and getting a TU-3 after the screen on the pitchblack mini cracked.

No problems with the normal size Pitchblack I use - bad batch? 

5 hours ago, Bolo said:

I use a TC polytune mini. The poly part is useless for bass but single strings are fast and accurate. Good display, silent operation. I use it to mute in between songs as well.

I use one of these, too.  Very quick.  Spots a low B quickly - some I have tried don't.

http://www.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=4115&productid=1116&productname=Chromatic_Pedal_Tuner&sid=0e2d43a1-a29b-462f-88de-9093712d6844

Just saying ;)

Seriously though, it is narrower than most other tuners on the market which, when we researched, was found to be the important things for players. It wasn't necessarily the height / length of a pedal that concerned players but more the width. Super fast tuning and easy to read.

Adam.

On 30/10/2018 at 13:41, D'Addario UK said:

http://www.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=4115&productid=1116&productname=Chromatic_Pedal_Tuner&sid=0e2d43a1-a29b-462f-88de-9093712d6844

Just saying ;)

Seriously though, it is narrower than most other tuners on the market which, when we researched, was found to be the important things for players. It wasn't necessarily the height / length of a pedal that concerned players but more the width. Super fast tuning and easy to read.

Adam.

Interesting however your web site gives neither dimensions nor price so how can I compare it with others?

On 02/11/2018 at 23:28, obbm said:

Interesting however your web site gives neither dimensions nor price so how can I compare it with others?

We don't put prices on our website but the price is around £65 at most dealers in the UK.

Good point on the dimensions. I've just done a quick measurement and its about 1.75 inches wide and under 5 inches long.

Adam.