Why become a member? ×

Quincy Monaco 4 string bass

Jimothey

Just took delivery of this bass £149 free p&p from 19MUSIC.CO.UK 

I've always wanted a Warwick Corvette but can't afford one so when I saw this I just had to buy it and I'm glad I did!! 

Here's the specs:

_20181022_110236.thumb.JPG.1b7114cc7b91e2fadcf4d6227a5c3113.JPG

Build quality: the build quality is great lovely natural Ash body, feels like your playing a much more expensive bass

Finish: The Satin finish is flawless and the finish on the neck feels really nice

Playability: Straight out of the box the setup was very good, the action is nice and low. The fret ends are really smooth and only a slight buzz from the low E which a small adjustment to the saddle sorted it right out

Sound: I haven't had chance to play it through an amp yet as the kids were in bed so i'll have to edit this review when I play it properly 

_20181024_005113.thumb.JPG.25d76e6d448955dac05766f48c7f45ce.JPG

Conclusion: I absolutely love this bass the build quality, finish etc is exceptional for the price. It has instantly become my go to bass!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a budget bass 😀

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, floFC said:

Have you had a chance to plug it in now? There is quite a range of basses (and mostly guitars) and colours - that P bass in neon orange looks good!

Yeah I plugged it in on my little practice amp I keep at work and it has a really nice warm tone and a nice thuddy tone when you roll the tone up and down on passive and when on active you can really turn the bass up so much so that my little amp started farting!! Maybe it's just my amp but there's not a massive difference between the tone of the neck and bridge pickups, the neck is a bit more trebly than the bridge but all in all I think it sounds good!! 😁 

Yeah that neon orange P does look nice and for £99 you can't really go wrong!! 

Edited by Jimothey
  • Thanks 1