For sale Phil Jones Bass Double Four - £285

I’m Selling my Phil Jones bass Double Four – These are great amps with a sound and clarity I'd associate with bigger amps, and capable of surprising volumes for its size. It has 70 watt output (RMS), and sounds hi fi, especially compared to other practice amps.

These sound great with electric, and double basses, and can handle low B strings with ease, producing a powerful, clear bass fundamental without distortion.

The amp section includes:

Low and high input selector and mute switch

Mute led indicator which also doubles as a clipping indicator

Eq and gain structure controls

Aux input with dedicated volume control

Headphone socket

Line out

It’s solidly built with metal knobs, control panel, and protection bars, and has a robust rubber carrying handle.  Very light at only 8.8 lbs / 4kg.

Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also ship at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.

Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.

Thanks for looking!

PICT0098.JPG

PICT0099.JPG

PICT0101.JPG

PICT0102.JPG

PICT0103.JPG

PICT0104.JPG

PICT0105.JPG

Edited by DiceSociety
Item sold (pending trhe usual)

Just sold one of these and am beginning to regret it!!!!  Just great little amps and build quality is just exceptional.  Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WishICouldWalk said:

Any ideas how much UK postage would be on this?

Depends where you're based really. Where are you?

3 hours ago, WishICouldWalk said:

Any ideas how much UK postage would be on this?

Not sure if this is any help but I was asked to ship mine within the UK and with UPS on a next day, fully insured for £300, it was £20.  You can get cheaper but UPS are definitely the best.

Hi Rob,

Yes, it's still available, and am more than happy to ship. I'm in Shrewsbury, so quite a way from where you are. 

Switch to PM, and we can sort something out.

Many thanks

Worth saying I use a double four regularly as a small session amp, and unlike most PJB stuff Ive tried , it gives a nice old school sound.

Its light, portable, and because it's 20v , you can run it off a laptop battery.

Hope this is useful.

Edited by loweringthetone
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2018 at 22:37, loweringthetone said:

Worth saying I use a double four regularly as a small session amp, and unlike most PJB stuff Ive tried , it gives a nice old school sound.

Its light, portable, and because it's 20v , you can run it off a laptop battery.

Hope this is useful.

Yes, thanks for your comments. I must admit I haven't tried it with a battery, but yes, that's possible too. 

Great little amp, still available!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EdLib-3
      Up for sale is my Bridge Cetus, a stunning instrument  that I bought new from Promenade Music in 2018. It has never been gigged or even left my flat, subsequently it is in pretty much new condition. I am selling this with regret as a result of wrist issues that due to an pre-existing condition, are making it very difficult for me to progress on the instrument.
      Here are the specs taken from the Bridge Violins website:
      Body: hollow moulded bodyshell, from carbon fibre and kevlar composites
      Headstock and neck: The neck and headstock are carved from a single maple block. The
      headstock design is a modified copy of the 1710 Stradivari Viola da Gamba head. The neck is hand coloured and finished with oils, for a fast, smooth, traditional finish.
      Fingerboard: Ebony fingerboard

Machine Heads: brass Tyrolean style engraved brass plate machine heads

Nut: Ebony nut.

Bridge:
      The Bridge pick up system is encapsulated within the bridge, designed
      by Bridge.

Tailpiece: ebony tailpiece.

Endpin: Basses use an ebony plug, notched steel rod with brass screw and ferrule, and
      removable rubber protector.

ELECTRONICS

Bridge Pick-Up System:
      The pickup system is designed by Bridge and unique to these instruments. It uses a piezo crystal configuration giving an accurate acoustic sound with an even tone. The pickup uses all mechanical movements of the instrument to generate its acoustic sound.

Bridge Active Circuitry: has a sophisticated active circuitry dedicated to the frequency range of the instrument, uses a 9V battery giving approx 3000 hours playing time.

This bass has a surprisingly natural and woody tone for an instrument with a carbon fibre body, it's the best sounding  EUB around in my opinion. You'll notice that the back plate that houses the 9V battery cavity is lined with Blu Tack; this is not to mask a defect, it was done because the back panel is made of light material and vibrated slightly when I played certain notes on the instrument unplugged. This slight buzz was not audible when it was played amplified.
      Not looking for trades, just a sale please. As you can see, the soft case the bass came with offers little in the way of protection so it's collection only from the Preston Park area of Brighton. The bass comes with the aforementioned soft case, a horsehair German Double Bass bow and some rosin. These basses don't come up for sale very often - this one is in practically new condition, they  go for £3,250 new.  Come and try it out yourself. Message me with any questions or for additional pictures.
      Here's my feedback:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/

• By Wimpy
      Great bass! Not super heavy (cca 5kg). Alder body, spalted maple top, maple neck rosewood board. Tuma Pickups, Bass mods electronics. Jazz Bass on stereoids, great low B !!! 35" scale, no case, price include shipping within EU. Mint!

Bass Mods K6.mp3
    • By Marky Screen
      Had a pair of these to install into a jazz but ended up buying a new bass with Delano FEs in it so I'm sorted for modern tones now.
      Neck and bridge sizings so bridge slightly wider.
      About 15cm of wire on them
      Price includes UK postage.

• By Andy Vincent
      I am selling a pair of Barefaced Super Compact 3rd generation cabs using the 12XN550 drive units.
      These cabs are superb, really clear, accurate and loud. 1 cab is plenty loud enough for most gigs, add the second cab and the sound is huge. Please check the Barefaced website for full details.
      These cabs are each rated at 600W into 8 Ohms and weigh 11Kg each and come with padded covers custom made by 'hotcovers'.
      Kept indoors and in great condition, only had light use hence why i am selling
      Ideally I'd like to sell both cabs together but will consider selling them individually for £450 each.
      Collect from Bristol or can send by insured courier if buyer pays postage.