For sale Phil Jones Bass Double Four - £285

I’m Selling my Phil Jones bass Double Four – These are great amps with a sound and clarity I'd associate with bigger amps, and capable of surprising volumes for its size. It has 70 watt output (RMS), and sounds hi fi, especially compared to other practice amps.

These sound great with electric, and double basses, and can handle low B strings with ease, producing a powerful, clear bass fundamental without distortion.

The amp section includes:

Low and high input selector and mute switch

Mute led indicator which also doubles as a clipping indicator

Eq and gain structure controls

Aux input with dedicated volume control

Headphone socket

Line out

It’s solidly built with metal knobs, control panel, and protection bars, and has a robust rubber carrying handle.  Very light at only 8.8 lbs / 4kg.

Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also ship at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.

Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.

Thanks for looking!

PICT0098.JPG

PICT0099.JPG

PICT0101.JPG

PICT0102.JPG

PICT0103.JPG

PICT0104.JPG

PICT0105.JPG

Edited by DiceSociety
Item sold (pending trhe usual)

Just sold one of these and am beginning to regret it!!!!  Just great little amps and build quality is just exceptional.  Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WishICouldWalk said:

Any ideas how much UK postage would be on this?

Depends where you're based really. Where are you?

3 hours ago, WishICouldWalk said:

Any ideas how much UK postage would be on this?

Not sure if this is any help but I was asked to ship mine within the UK and with UPS on a next day, fully insured for £300, it was £20.  You can get cheaper but UPS are definitely the best.

Hi Rob,

Yes, it's still available, and am more than happy to ship. I'm in Shrewsbury, so quite a way from where you are. 

Switch to PM, and we can sort something out.

Many thanks

Worth saying I use a double four regularly as a small session amp, and unlike most PJB stuff Ive tried , it gives a nice old school sound.

Its light, portable, and because it's 20v , you can run it off a laptop battery.

Hope this is useful.

Edited by loweringthetone
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2018 at 22:37, loweringthetone said:

Worth saying I use a double four regularly as a small session amp, and unlike most PJB stuff Ive tried , it gives a nice old school sound.

Its light, portable, and because it's 20v , you can run it off a laptop battery.

Hope this is useful.

Yes, thanks for your comments. I must admit I haven't tried it with a battery, but yes, that's possible too. 

Great little amp, still available!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By waveydavy
      For sale set/ pair of Ironstone jazz bass pickups. Alnico V spec. Good used condition. 4 string set. Single coils . Looking for £30

• By TAzMilitello
      *Last price drop: about £270 = €300
      FOR SALE this great 5 strings Ibanez GSRM25BK miKro 28.6" Short-Scale 5 String Bass w/Black finish. Comes with original Ibanez strap, documents, keys, both original brand new ibanez Mikro soft bag, cost recently 30€ from Thomann, and an hard case (with a value of 70€) and always as a gift the new Sansone Strings Set (with a value of 60€ and made in Italy especially for this bass), equal to those already mounted on the bass recently, all accessories that obviously do not give on the purchase with the bass!
      Small hands make big sounds with this Ibanez miKros. These compact bass have many of the features of their bigger counterparts, great sound, great low-B string,  so really comfortable!
      Photo of bass 😉📸: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qt5q_QefoAqberQDDq3u-u85yE84vngG
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Specifications:
      Neck Type: GSRM5 Maple Neck 726mm/28.6" Scale Body: Agathis Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/ White dot inlay Fret: Medium frets Number of frets: 22 Bridge: B15 bridge Neck PU: standard J neck PU (passive) Bridge: standard J bridge PU (passive) Hardware color: Chrome Color: Black Setup by an expert luthier, wonderfully resonant woods, perfectly functional, really good conditions!

ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
    • By Linus27
      NOW SOLD
      For sale is my Phil Jones Double Four BG-75 in red. Perfect working order and in excellent condition apart from a very tiny mark on one corner. Only used for one gig and with my Kala Ukulele bass and then kept at home. Great little sounding portable combo that can also be run from a laptop battery (not supplied). Comes with genuine Phil Jones carry case and power supply. I am based in Camberley, Surrey and any trial is welcome. These are £395 new so I would like £275 plus postage.

• By drewk_ie
      So after much deliberation, and with little hope of my back pain residing, after already letting go of my Kay double bass and KK baby bass, here on Basschat, it’s time to bid farewell to my final EUB. 
      Heres the blurb from the Clevinger main site:
      Clevinger Bassic
      MINIMAL HEAD.
      Shoulderless trapezoid body.
      Bassic black lacquer.
      Volume control.
      Clevinger ABST (Acoustic Bass Simulation Technology) pickup.
      Four String only - $2899.00
      http://www.clevinger.com/clevbass/Clevinger Bassic/bassic.htm
      Very close to an upright sound, thanks to the Clevinger ABST pickup.
      Waiting list is between 8-12 months! 
      Lovely bass to play, no annoying on stage feedback, comes with tripod stand, original faux fur lined Clevinger Soft case and no name bow (c/w cover) should you wish to dip your toes into Arco. Nice and compact when folded down, not much longer than an EB case.
      As always collection preferred, based in Ireland. Overseas buyers welcome, but you will need to organise your own shipping/ courier.
      Sale price £690, trade price £1,200
      Thanks for looking.