Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Phil Jones Bass Double Four For Sale - £285
£285

DiceSociety

For sale Phil Jones Bass Double Four - £285

I’m Selling my Phil Jones bass Double Four – These are great amps with a sound and clarity I'd associate with bigger amps, and capable of surprising volumes for its size. It has 70 watt output (RMS), and sounds hi fi, especially compared to other practice amps.

These sound great with electric, and double basses, and can handle low B strings with ease, producing a powerful, clear bass fundamental without distortion.

The amp section includes:

Low and high input selector and mute switch

Mute led indicator which also doubles as a clipping indicator

Eq and gain structure controls

Aux input with dedicated volume control

Headphone socket

Line out

It’s solidly built with metal knobs, control panel, and protection bars, and has a robust rubber carrying handle.  Very light at only 8.8 lbs / 4kg.

Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also ship at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.

Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.

Thanks for looking!

PICT0098.JPG

PICT0099.JPG

PICT0101.JPG

PICT0102.JPG

PICT0103.JPG

PICT0104.JPG

PICT0105.JPG

Edited by DiceSociety
Item sold (pending trhe usual)

3 hours ago, WishICouldWalk said:

Any ideas how much UK postage would be on this?

Not sure if this is any help but I was asked to ship mine within the UK and with UPS on a next day, fully insured for £300, it was £20.  You can get cheaper but UPS are definitely the best.

Worth saying I use a double four regularly as a small session amp, and unlike most PJB stuff Ive tried , it gives a nice old school sound.

Its light, portable, and because it's 20v , you can run it off a laptop battery.

Hope this is useful.

Edited by loweringthetone
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2018 at 22:37, loweringthetone said:

Worth saying I use a double four regularly as a small session amp, and unlike most PJB stuff Ive tried , it gives a nice old school sound.

Its light, portable, and because it's 20v , you can run it off a laptop battery.

Hope this is useful.

Yes, thanks for your comments. I must admit I haven't tried it with a battery, but yes, that's possible too. 

Great little amp, still available!