Why become a member? ×

A Harley Benton that looks nice!

Pea Turgh

That is a great looking bass, I'd certainly be tempted to give one a go. 

It looks to my to be more inspired by a Sandberg VM with the domino humbucker and reversed P pick-ups with the oversized pole pieces. Even the 6 bolt neck joint is similar.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sandberg-California-VM4-Bass-guitar-Immaculate-condition-/232903409959

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Osiris said:

It looks to my to be more inspired by a Sandberg VM with the domino humbucker and reversed P pick-ups with the oversized pole pieces. Even the 6 bolt neck joint is similar.

My thoughts too! This looks awesome, any word on if there is a 5 string?

There is!! Same natural, or Lake Placid or Creme, both with ebony fretboards. €398. This is tempting, because I am becoming increasingly loathe to fit a humbucker to my Matt Freeman, and almost all of the HBentons I have played are great...

Edited by ben4343

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:13, Newfoundfreedom said:

How much is it again?

I'd actually be saving money if I bought that. 

Keep practicing that line, so you can keep a straight face when you say it to the missus. "Honest love..."

• Like 2

I'm liking this more and more. Body through strings, easy adjust truss rod at the body end, decent looking bridge, zero fret, Sandberg style string tee... A shame they don't come with the Wilkinson pickups anymore as these Roswells are an unknown quantity to me...

1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

I see the price is 'enhanced ' as well😕

Still 398 euros for me?

2 minutes ago, ben4343 said:

I'm liking this more and more. Body through strings, easy adjust truss rod at the body end, decent looking bridge, zero fret, Sandberg style string tee... A shame they don't come with the Wilkinson pickups anymore as these Roswells are an unknown quantity to me...

Still 398 euros for me?

I kinda meant everyone is used to HB's being cheap and cheerful. How will they fare at a higher price point?

• Like 2

I had a HB jazz bass that retails for 100 and something, it was easily worth twice that. I reckon these super-versions probably have £100 of extra kit on them? I think they will sell ok. As mentioned previously, Sire is probably the nearest alternative, but the natural super-P 5 stringer is £100 more again... 

4 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Chances are you've played Roswell pickups, they make pickups for Fender, ESP, Fernándes, Status and a few others.

Good to know! I have a Fender Pawnshop, and maybe they made my Matt Freeman ones too.

4 hours ago, ben4343 said:

I reckon these super-versions probably have £100 of extra kit on them? I think they will sell ok.

You're not far off. The retail price for the tuners,bridge,pickups,preamp and nut is around £270. Oddly enough my WSC password doesn't give me access to the OEM prices so I can't tell what the factories get the parts for 😕