Why become a member? ×

Heart Of The Sunrise

Happy Jack

He is a Ric Tone Monster. He does a tutorial on it, but it’s specific to his gear and software, so not much use to the crappily equipped among us. The whole band are killer players. I’ve been obsessed with learning Siberian Khatru lately, about half way through it and hitting a wall! Damn you, Squire! A magician with a Pick and a Ric. The bonanza of isolated Squire/Bruford tracks on Youtube is a goldmine, my admiration for Squire is undiminished after 40 years of listening.

They’re great, aren’t they?  Goes to show just how good the original is when you see it covered so well....or something like that!  I can’t imagine anything like this being written these days. Back to Fragile at the weekend and try those bass lines.

• Like 1

Yeah - every now and then I listen to the Classic Yes compilation with Heart of the Sunrise, Yours is no Disgrace and Starship Trooper on and imagine what it would be like to be that awesome. utterly gnarly, spitting tone with cut-through that nu-metallers would kill for, yet still backs off into noodly musings in between. *dramatic sigh*

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 06:48, Shaggy said:

Boris Johnson on keyboards? :scratch_one-s_head:

Great stuff

and Chumlee from Pawn Stars on drums lol

great cover, I can get close to that bass tone with a Jazz with Roto rounds thru a Tech21 Bass Driver DI....close......dang, I need a Ric now too.....

3 hours ago, bazzbass said:

great cover, I can get close to that bass tone with a Jazz with Roto rounds thru a Tech21 Bass Driver DI....close......dang, I need a Ric now too.....

Yes, it's surprising how good a Rick impression you can squeeze out of a Jazz. Geddy did it for ages, after all :lol:

I get a decent Rickalike tone from my Sire, neck pickup through the Ampeg model on my Line 6 XT Live.