Why become a member? ×

NBD - Status S2... it’s here 😎

bassfan

12 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Just don't get bored too quickly as I've got to pay for a neck respray on a Sterling (with Mr Shuker) and would have to sell a Rickenbacker (not an easy task these days lol).

Don’t worry, I hope not to! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bassfan said:

That’s lovely Dan. The grain in the wood is really nice. Bet it sounds good too! 👍🏻

Better now I’ve put some of my favoured ‘worn-in’ strings on. The strings that were on were really bright and made it almost uncontrollably zingy for my liking. As you know these things have got oodles of treble on tap so it’s a little more tame now and sounding lovely with the treble there to EQ in as and when necessary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Nice one. I can imagine it’s like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid 😁

Pretty much.... I’m trying my hardest to get out of work early Thursday... got Friday off to get those strings bedded in and take the obligatory pics. 👍🏻

• Like 1

The day has finally arrived!!! 

I went down to pick up the new Status this afternoon, then straight to rehearsal... even though I was using the studio gear it sounded awesome and looks very 😎. I couldn’t be happier with it! 

Ill spend some time tweaking the sound with my gear and get some better pics in natural light, but.... drum roll please.... here is the Status S2 classic, through neck with wrap around LEDs. In chameleon indigo.... 😍😍

CDD5BBF1-B434-4DF2-BBD8-CE51393219A9.jpeg

575666FD-9B81-4B6F-A7CE-02AA3E85E39F.jpeg

168CD005-0B61-4256-8B52-99B5D3DFDB3E.jpeg

3F17C142-827D-4375-866D-6155B82CE478.jpeg

AA62AE62-1338-4256-896A-B22A8F298145.jpeg

0BA6B4C2-27CB-47F4-8E46-6AB0EC4EA124.jpeg

9C8E1338-57F3-4373-AB5F-34357120AA1D.jpeg

F2461BA7-B5CA-4B1B-9573-43EEAC441248.jpeg

• Like 9

I am. I’ve put a wanted call out for a CW purely as I’m interested in the different pickup positions, but I know I could specify those positions on a new Series 2 anyway. And now you’ve shown your beauty! Decisions, decisions 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deedee said:

I am. I’ve put a wanted call out for a CW purely as I’m interested in the different pickup positions, but I know I could specify those positions on a new Series 2 anyway. And now you’ve shown your beauty! Decisions, decisions 🤔

Only decision to make is when can you get down and see the guys and place the order 😂👍🏻

I have to say I’m really pleased with the wrap around LEDs.... would def recommend those if you are looking. 

7 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Yeah I do love the look of those. I’m not a fan of front leds but as someone who has struggled on dark stages, side or (Ideally) wraparound ones do actually give a real practical benefit.

Absolutely, that’s exactly why I chose those... 👍🏻