Why become a member? ×

NBD - Status S2... it’s here 😎

bassfan

• 2 weeks later...

There you go! The white one is an older S2 with Hyperactive pickups and the old Board 300 preamp without a gain trimpot, and it could really use one because it is LOUD. I love the white epoxy Roman numeral inlays!

The black sparkle one I got from fellow member Bonin-in-the-boneyard and was made to order in 2012 I believe. 

Both have bolt-on necks. 

_20170825_201720.JPG

• Like 1

To add to the excitement, here’s a very early one - still in outstanding condition and sounds incredible after countless gigs and sessions. Anticipation of the arrival of a new Status is quite lovely - I’m casting back to around ‘85 here and remember it very well

86B7E5A5-AD24-4113-9D24-E6CD19AD367D.jpeg

3528EEC3-2CD3-4249-A820-AF67054F69D3.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bassfan said:

I guess my fingers being crossed for the last 6 weeks hasn’t helped. New bass is likely to arrive mid/end Feb😢

Ah mate I feel for you! At least it gives you something to look forward too. Valentine's Day? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got. I have the urge for a Status myself at the moment, but given the apparent availability shortage in the used market I may well decide to order new myself.

Edited by Deedee
Typo

1 hour ago, Deedee said:

Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got. I have the urge for a Status myself at the moment, but given the apparent availability shortage in the used market I may well decide order new myself.

I’ll be posting pics mate... rest assured. I waited a while looking for one on the used market, nothing like I wanted came up, all 5 and 6 string headless so I opted for the custom option 😃👍🏻 Downside 14-16 weeks. 😢

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 09:48, three said:

To add to the excitement, here’s a very early one - still in outstanding condition and sounds incredible after countless gigs and sessions. Anticipation of the arrival of a new Status is quite lovely - I’m casting back to around ‘85 here and remember it very well

86B7E5A5-AD24-4113-9D24-E6CD19AD367D.jpeg

3528EEC3-2CD3-4249-A820-AF67054F69D3.jpeg

And just to keep the excitement going whilst we await news of the new birth, here is your’s daughter...

0604FD13-8640-4313-9753-173687C1C3DE.jpeg

050F3F12-ACDE-420E-9B00-35AED2CA6D8B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...