Why become a member? ×

Lee Pomeroy's L/H Fender Jazz

Piers_Williamson

I really enjoyed Geoff Lynn's ELO performance at the 02 Last night.  It was the first time I've seen Lee play (not being a Take That fan).  He was playing what I guess was a L/H custom shop pre-cbs Jazz with matching headstock.  Anyone know what it is? And great performance Lee if you read this!  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I’m also “pre-CBS” so the idea of a YOB Jazz is right out the window too. Maybe a Futurama or no-name Jap/Italian monstrosity  would make up for it... hmmm, no. Every time you looked at it you’d just think “You’re not an early 60s Jazz.” :(

• Haha 1

So here's my compromise answer.  Two CS Jazz, one a 66 replica (Like Lee's sunburst but new (ish)) and the other is supposed to be a replica 62 stack knob, but has some minor artistic license (like no mutes).  I've had the 66 longer and is marginally nicer to play, but I always wanted a Lake Placid Blue Jazz

20191127_211252[126880].jpg

• 6 months later...
On 27/11/2019 at 21:20, Piers_Williamson said:

So here's my compromise answer.  Two CS Jazz, one a 66 replica (Like Lee's sunburst but new (ish)) and the other is supposed to be a replica 62 stack knob, but has some minor artistic license (like no mutes).  I've had the 66 longer and is marginally nicer to play, but I always wanted a Lake Placid Blue Jazz

20191127_211252[126880].jpg

What's the fretless lurking in the shadows there? Looks like an interesting instrument 

Ok, so given the hot debate going on on 'Show us yer headstocks' about the cost of Alembics (which I feel a bit guilty about starting with an innocent ELP nurdy query)....this is a relatively reasonably priced 1996 Alembic, bought off an e-bay dealer and in my humble opinion sounds as good as a fretless Wal.

552908484_EpicFretless.thumb.jpg.46513e901148d83327c4846737cf8119.jpg

• Like 1