Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron 1001 series "2000W" amps

Al Krow

22 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Nope didn't get that Stubbsy, sorry.

Anyway people who's budget stretches to a Bugera are not costing Genz Benz a penny.

They are in different universes price wise. If you can afford a Genz you are very unlikely to choose a Bugera - even if it's just as good 

If everyone took that attitude there would be little choice and what was available would be very expensive. I'm not just talking about bass amps. Much of the progress in the world has come about through IP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Well anyone who calls their product 'bugera veyron' doesn’t lose sleep over ripping things off.

For all intents and purposes, it certainly does look like a GB on the outside but, it is what it does after that that impresses me no end. It is an incredible amp in its own right and does everything I need it to do and then some. I'm sure GB would have their lawyers all over it if it contravened their patents inside although, I'd have thought they would be on it already for the looks alone. 

Folks, dare any of you who haven't tried a BV T or M to give it a go and then tell me you don't like it!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, andy67 said:

For all intents and purposes, it certainly does look like a GB on the outside but, it is what it does after that that impresses me no end. It is an incredible amp in its own right and does everything I need it to do and then some. I'm sure GB would have their lawyers all over it if it contravened their patents inside although, I'd have thought they would be on it already for the looks alone. 

Folks, dare any of you who haven't tried a BV T or M to give it a go and then tell me you don't like it!

I think Andy was talking about the similarity of the name with that of a certain sports car. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

If everyone took that attitude there would be little choice and what was available would be very expensive. I'm not just talking about bass amps. Much of the progress in the world has come about through IP.

People do take that attitude and the world keeps turning.

So you got that wrong

• Like 3

I has a bugera BVV3000 bass head for a short while, an SVT clone and it was a good amp as far as I could tell. I sold it on due to its weight more than anything but it sounded great and seemed well put together. I currently have a bugera 5W guitar head and it seems like a good amp also, sounds good to my ears and solidly built.

I think they make pretty good amps at the moment. The 3 valve bass head looks like it should be a good amp, despite the optimistic wattage rating. 

1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'm with Stu in this one. There's no danger of me ever buying a Genz, so Bugera certainly aren't stealing my custom. What they are doing, is providing an absolutely stonking amp at a budget that I can afford.

Long live Bugera, Beringer, Harley Benton et all. 

I was never crazy about Beringer stuff, very cheap fit and finish, saying that all the Beringer gear we have in the band has never left us down (but usually knobs and sliders have broken off) , its like the "Dacia" of music gear . HB stuff is great, sometimes it might need a little finishing off but unbelievable value for money and genuinely decent gear.  As I said I've had bugera stuff and it always seemed decent to me anyhow. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stewblack said:

Does it really matter?

Yes, it matters to those who worked hard, or paid for the considerable costs of developing such. It affects us for sure.

It should also matter to players, because advancements in design and technology come from reinvestment of earnings from preceding products. Not paying for the cost of R&D reduces costs and enables cheaper products but can impact future advances by other more innovative, creative products.

Are you suggesting that it’s ok to take the work of others as long as it’s cheaper, even if the work is not yours? 

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, agedhorse said:

Yes, it matters to those who worked hard, or paid for the considerable costs of developing such. It affects us for sure.

It should also matter to players, because advancements in design and technology come from reinvestment of earnings from preceding products. Not paying for the cost of R&D reduces costs and enables cheaper products but can impact future advances by other more innovative, creative products.

Are you suggesting that it’s ok to take the work of others as long as it’s cheaper, even if the work is not yours? 

I think its great that there are generic brands like Beringer, Bugera and Harley Benton around making 'acceptable' gear for beginners or folks that don't have a lot of disposable income. "There was none of that in my day" and the cheap gear on the 80s was pretty awful, the next step upwards was usually unaffordable. People will always strive to obtain higher end gear so I cant imagine a hand full of generic brands are going to hill innovation and R&D overnight. I cant imagine Pfizer going bankrupt because Tesco sell generic paracetamol.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Bugera may have been named after a car. But Markbass looks like it's been styled by Halfords. 😆

I really don’t like the ratfur on their gear, guaranteed to pickup dirt, wear out and generally look like 💩 within a couple of years . Give me good old fashioned tolex all day

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Quilly said:

I think its great that there are generic brands like Beringer, Bugera and Harley Benton around making 'acceptable' gear for beginners or folks that don't have a lot of disposable income. "There was none of that in my day" and the cheap gear on the 80s was pretty awful, the next step upwards was usually unaffordable. People will always strive to obtain higher end gear so I cant imagine a hand full of generic brands are going to hill innovation and R&D overnight. I cant imagine Pfizer going bankrupt because Tesco sell generic paracetamol.  

Then let them develop their own cosmetics and feature sets rather than copy somebody else’s.

When I was in school taking exams, I wasn’t allow to copy somebody else’s work. That was called cheating or plagiarism. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agedhorse said:

Then let them develop their own cosmetics and feature sets rather than copy somebody else’s.

When I was in school taking exams, I wasn’t allow to copy somebody else’s work. That was called cheating or plagiarism. 

Would have to check ongoing IP law as I think when a product becomes discontinued then deleted, the IP goes with it so, then becomes available for use by anyone. Will check though.

Update: lots of articles out there re IP, Patents and Copyright. Seems IP only lasts for 20 years and as said above, if a product is discontinued the IP is removed with it and can be sold on or becomes available to the public domain. Although cannot get a definitive page, most come to a consensus. Found this link interesting: https://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/copyrong.htm 

Edited by andy67
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, agedhorse said:

This happened while the product was popular, BEFORE the product was discontinued. 

GB Streamliner 900 released 2011 discontinued 2013, Bugera Veyron released 2015. I guess 2 years isn't much but I think Music Tribe have a habit of buying discontinued IP.

Edited by andy67

3 hours ago, agedhorse said:

They wouldn’t be able to sell stuff cheap then because they would have development overheads . Lidl sells “rice krunchies” and “nutty Ella” , everyone knows they’re knock offs but they’re cheap and usually OK. This is no different 

• Like 2

Just now, Quilly said:

They wouldn’t be able to sell stuff cheap then because they would have development overheads . Lidl sells “rice krunchies” and “nutty Ella” , everyone knows they’re knock offs but they’re cheap and usually OK. This is no different 

Exactly. It's the way of the world. Absolutely pointless moaning about it if the companies involved can't, or won't enforce it. 

Whether the people who can afford the originals like it or not, these things exist, and while ever they do, I will buy them, simply because i can't afford the high prices "originals".

The hard truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for companies like Behringer and HB, I and millions like me couldn't afford to be musicians. Why should music be yet another thing that's only available to the rich? 

Long live the rip offs!

Now I'm off to put on my Aditoff tracksuit and Reebark trainers, and go to the shop for a lovely packet of McTitties biscuits. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Exactly. It's the way of the world. Absolutely pointless moaning about it if the companies involved can't, or won't enforce it. 

Whether the people who can afford the originals like it or not, these things exist, and while ever they do, I will buy them, simply because i can't afford the high prices "originals".

The hard truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for companies like Behringer and HB, I and millions like me couldn't afford to be musicians. Why should music be yet another thing that's only available to the rich? 

Long live the rip offs!

Without IP it's doubtful technology would have advanced you anything better than a 1980's Peavey by now. You want to have cake and eat it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Without IP it's doubtful technology would have advanced you anything better than a 1980's Peavey by now. You want to have cake and eat it.

Yes. And I will continue to do so.

I didn't create the system, but I shall damn well continue to exploit it wherever possible. 

If you have the money for £1000 amp, then good for you. 

I don't. 

• Like 1

I think we all need to come to consensus on IP. IP is there to protect an individual's creativity and endeavours to ensure a quality product gets into the market place of which, we as bass players, reap the benefits of and we need to recognise this as necessary. However, Music Tribe, have found away round this by seemingly buying up discontinued product IP that has enabled them to shamelessly copy deleted products and related equipment now benefitting the bass player enormously and again, we need to recognise that this is good thing. 

So in essence, no crime has been committed, it is of great benefit to our community and perhaps, we could view the IP copy as tribute to the original manufacturer? It's all good folks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1