Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron 1001 series "2000W" amps

Al Krow

4 hours ago, ebozzz said:

The Veyrons are the only bass amps that are still in Bugera's product line and in production. I'd like to think that it's because that the heads must have more positive attributes than not. Mine has been with me for over three years and it's still going strong. 

They sell out very quickly..  permanently on back order with Thomann.. Amazon had stock this weekend, now all gone. At that price point, the market is prepared to gamble..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bloodandtearsuk said:

They sell out very quickly..  permanently on back order with Thomann.. Amazon had stock this weekend, now all gone. At that price point, the market is prepared to gamble..

I don't think it's much of a gamble at all to be honest. I'd say the reports suggest reliability is absolutely fine. There's a "?" on the wattage rating - but as I've said before, it's how the player feels about it in action that counts. 

Yeah, it might be a bit naughty of them to suggest 2000W in big letters everywhere without really qualifying that (apart from in the manual) and even then there's some "?" over whether it really is 2000w peak.. but unless you need some sort of monster amp the (probable) 500-700w output will be fine for most players. And that's what the reviews and user comments suggest so all good. 

Now, if they could get their distributors not to put the spec in RMS then we'd be motoring... 

• Like 2

You folks in Europe are getting a better price than we do in the States! Every now and then I get tempted to buy the tube version again when I see a good deal but thus far I've been able to resist. I think part of the reason for that is that I purchased a different set of tubes that I planned to try to see if it had an impact on the tone. Unfortunately, I saw another deal that I had to move on fast and sold the amp before getting a chance to perform the trial....

Edited by ebozzz

43 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  You can't go there on this thread.  😝

Aww, I bet we could get another 14 pages out of why they call it 150W when it appears to be quite closely based on a 100W Marshall circuit!

More seriously, it has a bit of a following over on Talkbass, and does seem to make a viable bass amp, if that particular character is what you like. 

47 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

eBay have had 9 for sale for quite a while at £305 I don’t think they are selling,   Has anyone found who’s selling it at the best price?

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Bugera-Veyron-BV1001M-2000W-Bass-Amp-Head/1WNV

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Bugera-Veyron-BV1001T-2000W-Bass-Amp-Head/1WNW

Still at the old price at Gear4Music

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks mr Krow 👍 I’ll give you a shout when it lands 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...