Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron 1001 series "2000W" amps

Al Krow

39 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Is a valve pre worth having or is it just a sales gimmick? 

The Streamliner (to which this amp bears a suspiciously close resemblance, at least externally) had a very warm tone, which I'm putting down to the valve(s) in the preamp. IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc, Unfortunately, I have no experience of the Bugera...

Edited by Muzz

valve pre amps do work, although i suggest theres more to it than just bunging them in there. They must be designed well to work with the rest of the amp.

the ashdowns ive had all work well using 12AX7s, but its quite a subtle change, and you really have to understand or spend plenty of time using the valve drive and eq together to see what works for you.

BUT:

3 valves in the pre amp.

500w

in/out socket

comprehensive eq

lightweight

and more all for £250 WITH A 6 YEAR WARRANTY!

You really cant lose. Its a hell of a gamble to offer a 6 year warranty on anything, but i dont see how you can lose on these?

• Like 1

Just to clarify it's a standard TWO year warranty. 

You have to pay Gear4Music an extra £13 for the SIX year warranty. But frankly given reliability is probably my single biggest concern, its a no brainer and for that you can also return within 6 months rather than the usual 30 days (or even just 15 days with many others). 

That pretty comprehensively de-risks it as a purchase. 

If this is a GB Streamline clone, well I'm kinda tempted to buy just for that. I understand it was one of the best D class heads in its day? 

1 hour ago, la bam said:

For literally £2 a year, its a crazy warranty. If that includes valves etc its a bit naive from them, but worth it to anyone buying!!

Okay, it's technically an additional 4 years for £13 so that's err...£3.25 a year 😂

But joshing aside, I agree it's a no brainer to take Gear4Music up on that warranty. What were they thinking offering it in the first place?!

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I really don’t need another amp  , But I like the look of that  ,do you think it would sound ok at low volume for home use ?  Or because of the output would it be best used at higher volume 

Apparently it's actually only 500W RMS into 4ohm and 300W into 8ohm so it's decently loud rather than ridiculously loud.

Besides, you could use it as headphone amp for home use after curfew.

Where do you stand if you order (and pay I presume) now for an end of January delivery and they renege on the deal, discontinue or go bust etc?  

If you pay by card it'll have been over 3 mths since order, would you easily get a refund?  Added to which the company taking your order has had it (and all the other orders) for 3 months, nice to have money and make interest.  :/  

29 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Where do you stand if you order (and pay I presume) now for an end of January delivery and they renege on the deal, discontinue or go bust etc?  

If you pay by card it'll have been over 3 mths since order, would you easily get a refund?  Added to which the company taking your order has had it (and all the other orders) for 3 months, nice to have money and make interest.  :/  

Your relationship is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. So if Gear4Music goes bust, yup for sure you've got an issue unless you pay by credit card or PayPal (doesn't everyone)? And yes you'd get a refund on a credit card as the amount is > £100.

You're right about the 3 months lost interest though. Let's do the math: interest rate on savings accounts 1% per annum. 3 months = 0.25% on £266 (including 6 year warranty). Well that's £0.67. Bag of crisps anyone?!

PS please remind me how much cash you've got tied up in gear (one of the finest Warwick collections of any BCer last time I looked) not earning any interest right now? 😂

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 2

My concern would be the 3mth period; iirc that is the limitation for a claim via paypal (or is it 30 days) and could well make it tricky with a credit card. 

I wonder if the presale thing is so that they can then bulk buy with a known/guaranteed number of units... if they don't hit the number required to get discount, just bail on the offer.

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

My concern would be the 3mth period; iirc that is the limitation for a claim via paypal (or is it 30 days) and could well make it tricky with a credit card. 

I wonder if the presale thing is so that they can then bulk buy with a known/guaranteed number of units... if they don't hit the number required to get discount, just bail on the offer.

On PayPal you can request deferred payment terms, so the cash is not paid over to the supplier until the goods arrive at your place (with proof of delivery). 

Or you phone Gear4Music, ask them to order for you and put a £10 deposit down. Simples. 

I think the main reason for not going ahead with this is that you have absolutely no need for one :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

On PayPal you can request deferred payment terms, so the cash is not paid over to the supplier until the goods arrive at your place (with proof of delivery). 

Or you phone Gear4Music, ask them to order for you and put a £10 deposit down. Simples. 

I think the main reason for not going ahead with this is that you have absolutely no need for one :) 

zQkUzVX.jpg

• Haha 1

As far as Behringer parts being difficult to access, I've had to write off a far more expensive Markbass amp as parts are impossible to buy. I bought second hand, barely used it and any resale value has vanished once repair costs and postage to and from the only official engineer allowed to touch it are factored in. 

My Behringer 450 watt head is still going strong 15 odd years after I bought it and I have just sold my Behringer 4 X 10 due to weight issues. I would have sold my 1 X 15 too but instead I put the speaker in a Trace Cab which had a busted driver. Not the first time my ever reliable Behringer saved the day where more illustrious names have failed.

Like everyone else here I can only speak from my personal experience. I refuse to base opinion on unlikely tales about unreliable speakers falling out of the cab at the first rehearsal, because they have the ring of urban myth. I have no hesitation gigging with Behringer gear whatever badge it wears or reputation it has acquired. The wattage numbers don't bother me at all. I know if it's loud enough by playing through it. I know if I like the sound through a similar process. I know it's reliable by the fact that my amp tech has never had the case open.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stewblack said:

As far as Behringer parts being difficult to access, I've had to write off a far more expensive Markbass amp as parts are impossible to buy. I bought second hand, barely used it and any resale value has vanished once repair costs and postage to and from the only official engineer allowed to touch it are factored in. 

My Behringer 450 watt head is still going strong 15 odd years after I bought it and I have just sold my Behringer 4 X 10 due to weight issues. I would have sold my 1 X 15 too but instead I put the speaker in a Trace Cab which had a busted driver. Not the first time my ever reliable Behringer saved the day where more illustrious names have failed.

Like everyone else here I can only speak from my personal experience. I refuse to base opinion on unlikely tales about unreliable speakers falling out of the cab at the first rehearsal, because they have the ring of urban myth. I have no hesitation gigging with Behringer gear whatever badge it wears or reputation it has acquired. The wattage numbers don't bother me at all. I know if it's loud enough by playing through it. I know if I like the sound through a similar process. I know it's reliable by the fact that my amp tech has never had the case open.

I have the Behringer BX3000T head and a 2x10 Behringer (Bugera) cab and they sound absolutely awesome! On paper it's a 300w head going into a 600w cab, but it's loud enough to blow the doors off. Certainly loud enough to keep up with 2 guitarists and a drummer in any gig were ever likely to do  I'd love a Veyron head if I had the funds. The reviews are excellent. But sadly they'll never get the recognition they deserve because of the stubbornly persistent mindset certain musicians have, that you have to spend big money to sound good. To that I say b#ll#cks!

• Like 3

With behringer gear (I used to sell a lot of it) it seemed (it certainly felt like) we returned a lot - but then again we sold it by the bucketload.

The thing was though - if you got a “good one” they were unbelievable...

they must make a lot on Friday afternoons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Phil, I have bought spares for Behringer quickly and at a reasonable price form  Electronic Music Services https://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/

They are great people and it's a very personal service, however they are limited in what Behringer make available for repairs and their after sales are what they really need to work on IMO

47 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I have the Behringer BX3000T head and a 2x10 Behringer (Bugera) cab and they sound absolutely awesome! On paper it's a 300w head going into a 600w cab, but it's loud enough to blow the doors off. Certainly loud enough to keep up with 2 guitarists and a drummer in any gig were ever likely to do  I'd love a Veyron head if I had the funds. The reviews are excellent. But sadly they'll never get the recognition they deserve because of the stubbornly persistent mindset certain musicians have, that you have to spend big money to sound good. To that I say b#ll#cks!

It's complex for a techy like myself. It's hard to recommend a 500W amp advertised as 2000W without letting people know and I know from experience how hard it is to get spares and support so it is only fair to let people know that too. Equally I buy Behringer stuff because of the value and because it's the only way I can afford some items. I've had Behringer stuff that has gone on working for years and some that has broken down fairly quickly, there's little wrong with the designs given the price points. I'm sure there are people who look down on gear as you say but equally we have to challenge some of the advertising puff that is becoming common again.

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

With behringer gear (I used to sell a lot of it) it seemed (it certainly felt like) we returned a lot - but then again we sold it by the bucketload.

The thing was though - if you got a “good one” they were unbelievable...

they must make a lot on Friday afternoons.

To be fair they've upped their game over the years and the quality of manufacture has improved,. It is still budget gear but it's a while since I've seen some of the really poor quality control.

2 minutes ago, Phil Starr said:

To be fair they've upped their game over the years and the quality of manufacture has improved,. It is still budget gear but it's a while since I've seen some of the really poor quality control.

I’ve been out of the retailing end of things for 5 years (Jesus - where does time go?)

Like I say - the more you sell of stuff, just working on the law of averages states you’ll see more back.

• Like 3